Sideways Market indicator

Hi all,

I am looking for some suggestions to find an indicator to help me prevent trading in sideways markets and prevent whipsaws. Any suggestions?

J

jluyt:
Hi all,

I am looking for some suggestions to find an indicator to help me prevent trading in sideways markets and prevent whipsaws. Any suggestions?

J

Hello Jluyt,

That's a good question, you ask 10 people that question you will probably get 10 different answers, and the one who has the answer is not telling

I would imagine this could be one way, just trade the dots.

Files:

Thanks for sharing - I will check it out

mrtools:
Hello Jluyt,

That's a good question, you ask 10 people that question you will probably get 10 different answers, and the one who has the answer is not telling

...nice answer too Mrtools

Thanks

I did heard another good sideway indicator is xpma period 34, no trade on the color yellow.

Good flat trend indicator is a million dollars question! Try EMA10, if horizontal stay in bed. Other variant could be Kijun Sen from Ichimoku or the old indicator Magic Trend. Kaufman? Not enough pearls to trade.

What about that beauty: avgSpectrum.mq4 ? Prints nicely flat trends.

Hermes

I need a side way detector indicator that will draw a two line like the one in the above picture, if trend beak the line up it means buy and if trend break the line down it means sell. Anybody please, help

Files:

Yes, it is difficult to understand when the market will flat.

By much trainning our eyes, we may understand.

Market is moving within predictable range. It does not matter if it is up, down or sideways - the essence is that the range is predictable

mrtools:
Hello Jluyt,

Hi Mr Tools,

The Kaufman mq4 file is downloaded but will not 'take' on the chart.

Can you post again or help me in getting it to work?

Thanks

TEAMTRADER

Maybe Master Candle can also help. It's a price action pattern, after which very often a a nice trend takes place, not always the direction the first candle after is showing at - so, watch your momentum indicators.

atm_mastercandle_ib_pb.mq4 (chart should be in the foreground)

Files:
Reason: