Best Alternative Solutions Comparatively

There is an ask for a thread in which we can discuss better solutions for questions like e.g. "Bollinger Bands looks fantastic in history but in live trading they suck - is there something similar that works better?" I think, every trader has a question like this from time to time, but no satifying aswer. So ask your questions and let's discuss Pros, Cons, experiences, suggestion for improvements or substitutions.

All Indicators In The Start V.Good But With The Timing

It's V.Bad I Not Why...?Anyone Know....?

krelian99:
There is an ask for a thread in which we can discuss better solutions for questions like e.g. "Bollinger Bands looks fantastic in history but in live trading they suck - is there something similar that works better?" I think, every trader has a question like this from time to time, but no satifying aswer. So ask your questions and let's discuss Pros, Cons, experiences, suggestion for improvements or substitutions.

Hi dear krelian99,

Thanks for starting the useful and indeed a required thread since long,that we all always needs for our so many questions and curiosities,....for to improve our trading style and strategies in best right direction with recommended indicators by our senior experts......of course now we could have suggestions and recommendations from our seniors and experts.......i would like to request and invite all our experts ,especially boss (MLADEN-MRTOOLS) for contribution their best knowledge and experience to help and guide the humanity as always they doing from since long,thanks to all.

regards

mntiwana

Even experts can learn something new or can improve by questions of newbies.

Essam, Start V? Do you mean the default indis of MT4?

krelian99:
Even experts can learn something new or can improve by questions of newbies. Essam, Start V? Do you mean the default indis of MT4?

Yes I mean This.

I Am Sorry If I Not Understand

Hi to all

can some one expert will be so kind to help give some suggestions and recommendations regarding , to compare band indicator with dynamic zone indicator,which one is best of two kind,here in example (BANDS verses DYNAMIC ZONE) is one from caterpillar band comparing with dynamic zone oma,all two from Elite section,pictures attached.....thanks

(though every trader has his own view and needs according to their strategy but my question is in general opinion.)

regards

mntiwana

Files:

First substitution suggestion concerns Bollinger Bands. Obviously, BB are no stand alone indicators, they are horrible to trade with.

This is fiji-BB-alert. There should be traders which got rich with this indicator, I feel very insecure with it. mladen made a tool some time ago: Dynamic zones jurik 2.02. Dynamic Zones are adaptive and nrp and every other MA should do it, I like the JurikMA. But the applied DZ are of interest in this case. As length I took 10, JMA is very smooth and quick at the same time.

The advantage is, you have a much better feeling when to enter and when to exit.

Files:
fiji_bb.png  39 kb
dzjurik.png  42 kb

mntiwana:
Hi to all

can some one expert will be so kind to help give some suggestions and recommendations regarding , to compare band indicator with dynamic zone indicator,which one is best of two kind,here in example (BANDS verses DYNAMIC ZONE) is one from caterpillar band comparing with dynamic zone oma,all two from Elite section,pictures attached.....thanks

(though every trader has his own view and needs according to their strategy but my question is in general opinion.)

regards

mntiwana

mntiwana

The upper uses SSA (recalculates), the lower does not (oma never repaints)

Essam, the standard indicators have often the problem you must fit them first. Stochastic with lenght 20 is quick and for ranging markets, but it kills you in trends. For trends a length of 80 is appropriate. RSI is very jagged and you can't raise period much higher than 14 (typical lengths are 3, 8 and 14). RSX is the smoothed brother, both are momentum indicators and are for ranging markets only. The advantages of RSX to a RSI with EMA signal line (e.g. the RSI3EMA5 setup) is, that RSX has minimal lag, smooth but has good amplitude, so much more user friendly.

RSI and RSX with the same length.

Files:
rsi-rsx.png  37 kb

mladen:
mntiwana The upper uses SSA (recalculates), the lower does not (oma never repaints)

==================

This is fiji-BB-alert. There should be traders which got rich with this indicator, I feel very insecure with it. mladen made a tool some time ago: Dynamic zones jurik 2.02. Dynamic Zones are adaptive and nrp and every other MA should do it, I like the JurikMA. But the applied DZ are of interest in this case. As length I took 10, JMA is very smooth and quick at the same time.

==================

Dearest MLADEN and Krelian99

so much thanks for the expert eye on above topic..........really it help me enough,save time,i was putting on bands.......... so in all two opinion...what i found...dynamic zones are better than BB and BANDs...is not this advice for bands lovers ? ,thanks

regards

Hmm, Krelian, why are Bollinger Bands horrible ?

It depends on how you use them and how much time you want to spend to look for a good setting.

Look, 3 pics of BB360 applied on M1 timeframe.

First one, when price jumps around between the 3 bands, price has no direction and goes sideways.

Second one, when price gets under the lowest band and it gets a maroon color, trend is clearly down ...

Third one, price meets the maroon one and gets very scared ...

Files:
bb360.png  70 kb
bb360_1.png  49 kb
bb360_2.png  56 kb
Reason: