Moving Average - page 7

Hi,

The yellow in the Colored MA has always been a coding error actually untill I later on figured out how to get by without it, I have posted a more up to date version quite some time ago already at this link.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Ok, play nice

FX Sniper

Yeah, that is exactly what I mean. That version is excellent!

Nevertheless, the yellow or other extra color CAN be useful. If it would indicate when the value doesn't change from one candle to the next, then THAT would be very useful, to me at least, although it's definitely luxury to some extent, as it's mainly a matter of avoiding to have to check out many cases with a stroke of the mouse and a look at the data window ...

If anyone feels like adding that feature, useable in a configurable way, then that would be really tops!

flawed and repaints

FX_Sniper:
Hi,

The yellow in the Colored MA has always been a coding error actually untill I later on figured out how to get by without it, I have posted a more up to date version quite some time ago already at this link.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Ok, play nice

FX Sniper

Hi Thanks for your efforts but the fx MA is flawed and I have seen it repaint

just set the time period to 1 and use any ma and set to the close and ytou will see what i mean

thanks and i hope you can fix it soon thanks

ma

here is a chart

Files:
screenshot011.bmp  1320 kb

swall:
Hi Thanks for your efforts but the fx MA is flawed and I have seen it repaint

just set the time period to 1 and use any ma and set to the close and ytou will see what i mean

thanks and i hope you can fix it soon thanks

Ok, first off, I am not familiar with which definition of the word “repaint” you have decided to use as so many people here all have their own meaning.

It is also unfortunately not clear from you snapshot what the problem is.

As a rule there is a distinct difference between repainting ( changing color ) rescaling (meaning the indicator changes size and not value in order to fit onto the screen) and also re-calculating (which I suppose would mean that the actual values of the indicator is changing as new data appears).

As far as I know, the formulas inside this indicator can not re-calculate but can rescale with the zoom of the chart. They should not change color of historic bars either, if it is doing so I sadly regret this inconvenience to you and hope someone can help you out as I do not have time now to play with this.

For now, it seems you are using an older version in any event; here is the one I am currently using from time to time etc.

Just a friendly request, please attempt to use a smaller compression format when posting screenshots, like JPEG or GIF etc, they are easily 70% smaller than BMP’s.

Laters,

FX Sniper

Files:

ma

Ok I tried the new Fx ma but had the same problem I tried to explain in this chart

the yellow on the chart is also referring to the same as the purple line

Files:
aaaaaaaaaa.gif  22 kb

ma

hi

there has got to be something wrong because I based a trading method on your Fx ma and had 90 trades with 86 wins and 4 losses.

thanks for all you efforts

ma Hi

Hi here is anothe chart , just trying to be clear the ma period was set to 1 so it should just draw lines on the close

Files:
0000000000.gif  18 kb

can you fix this

I think I made it clear that there is something wrong with the fx ma

Is there is anybody outthere that can fix this thing

fx sniper said " "]if it is doing so I sadly regret this inconvenience to you and hope someone can help you out as I do not have time now to play with this"

thanks alot in advance

swall:
Ok I tried the new Fx ma but had the same problem I tried to explain in this chart the yellow on the chart is also referring to the same as the purple line

maybe if you give Fx Sniper a little kissy and tuck him in he'll fix it 4 u. he's a pretentious little prick. he likes to dangle his signature R-Squared indicator and grin at people coz he wont share it like a little posey water pansey.

Reason: