ADX alert!! - page 8

Could you add a sound alert for a DI cross to ADX_WildersDMI_v1m alerts.mq4? It currently alerts to ADX crosses a level. I know you have other DI cross alerts, but Wilders is the truest DMI.

grayghost:
Could you add a sound alert for a DI cross to ADX_WildersDMI_v1m alerts.mq4? It currently alerts to ADX crosses a level. I know you have other DI cross alerts, but Wilders is the truest DMI.

Grayghost, added the DI cross alerts.

Purrfect! Mahalo.

I compared ADX ( not ADXR ) indicator from ADX_WildersDMI to stadard ADX from MT4 and to ToR 1.20k. If I want to get similar effects on ADX line I have to set MA_Length to 7.

...but setting MA to 7 made DI+ and DI- so flat :-)

ADX_WildersDMI_v1.01 alerts.mq4 is the best indicator I've ever used, but I want to understand how it works, what is the difference to standard ADX ( except ADXR idea of course )

See Positive Territory, Inc. : Average Directional Movement Index (ADX) for a concise explanation of the DMI calculation and a mention of the difference between the "standard" calculation, which uses EMA smoothing, and Wilder's "hand"method, which uses a simplified method that is feasible to execute with a calculator. A detailed explanation of Welles Wilder's method is contained in his 1978 book. Additionally, Charles Schaap's more recent book ADXcellence, which is build around Wilder's DMI, contains an abbreviated description.

It is oft stated that the two methods produce the same result. They do not. Wilder's method yields an ADX that swoops to a nadir just before the trend changes, while the standard method yields a wavy ADX with several dips where the true nadir is hard to recognize.

Wilder's method also yields a more useful relationship between the DMI lines and ADX. Additionally, ADX_WildersDMI can be adjusted for different periods for DMI and ADX in order to get a livelier ADX, and an adjustable smoothing factor permits the relationship be tailored to a particular trading method. It accurately depicts both trend strength and bullish and bearish momentum. (Sadly, you cannot have sex with it, as it refuses to hold still.) What more could a trader want?

Perhaps a tiny bit. Aside from the aforementioned queen of indicators, the next best two, IMHO, are the Ichimoku--kumo and kijun only--to show both broad and very short-term areas of support and resistance respectively, and Waddah Attar ADXxBollinger to predict the start and robustness of a trend. Try conflating them. In determining when to exit, Use the Fibonacci Expansion tool to measure ABCD waves, and also note regular divergence on DI or ADX. You'll thank me later.

mrtools:
Grayghost, added the DI cross alerts.

Great indicator, almost everything into one.

Could you add the alert when +DI or -DI cross some level? Crossing 25,30,35 is a trigger for me, depending on the time frame.

Which TF in the alerts Message would be another great addition to it.

I would like to commend the efforts of Mr Tools, Mladen on this. Could you be kind enough to enhance the ADX_Wilders indicator with the following modification

1. Setting ADX levels for »25 to «35( range of values for +D/-D crossing). An alert for this range only as +D/-D cross.

2. An arrow indicating the candle close for the setup in( 1). 3. A multi time frame version would be greatly appreciated. Dunno if grayghost's version is mtf or for the 1m tf. But if not mtf, I would appreciate this addition.

Jeremy.

I suggest triyng to make it fully automated Ea that opens and closes trades without any manual intervention. That would be great!! Regards.

Hello Mosh12, making it an EA would have been good but due to internet distruptions and power outages in my part of the world, the manual input remains the best option.

Regards.

Jeremy

Would be nice to have ADX Crossing Multipair. Alert on turn back possibility for ex. above 40 on H1 on all pairs. No visual interface, only popup. Do You know anything existing?

Reason: