ADX alert!! - page 5

gcgman:
Most indicators were created for markets other than Forex and recommended settings are really badly suited. Since Forex moves so fast I prefer quick settings. For the ADX I use a setting of 5 and only use the +D and -D. I set the ADX color to "none". Strength of trend is better determined as one of the D values crosses above 30 if you are conservative. For a more aggressive approach I combine the ADX with ATR for filtering. Again, I use a quick setting of 5 for the ATR and a LWMA of 13 for a filter signal. When the ATR5 is below its LWMA13 I don't use the ADX cross. If the ATR is above the LWMA I do use the ADX cross. This is no Holy Grail but, is very effective. I have included screen shot for greater clarity.

I use the ADX Crossing v2.0 that Increase supplied at the beginning of this thread. A couple of enhancements would make it perfect. 1- It would be better if the signal & arrow did not happen until the close of the current candle. 2- It would be very helpful if a popup appeared indicating which currency pair(s) had crossed. I don't code other than minor changes (changed the signal to show arrows instead of dots). Any help here would be hugely appreciated.

gcgman

The pop up should give you all information you need in this version, but not sure when arrow and alert happens!

mrtools:
The pop up should give you all information you need in this version, but not sure when arrow and alert happens!

mrtools,

What an elegant indicator!!! It shows the arrow long before the current candle closes but, I think it sends the alert signal after the close of the candle. This version of the alert works flawlessly. Your help is very valuable. Thank you very much!!!!

gcgman

adx adxr cross alert

I am using adx wilders dmi and want a sound and message alert added when adx cross with adxr.Any coders still out there?

Files:

thank you!

Mr. Tools!! Thank you so much you have no idea what a huge difference this improved indicator has done for me!! thanks

gcgman:
mrtools,

What an elegant indicator!!! It shows the arrow long before the current candle closes but, I think it sends the alert signal after the close of the candle. This version of the alert works flawlessly. Your help is very valuable. Thank you very much!!!!

gcgman

Files:
exampl.jpg  125 kb

ADX aiming up alert

Hi guys is there some adx indicator that can alert me when the ADX line start aiming up (grow up).

Thanks guys

Trading soly on ADX is not a good way. Run it thru an ea and see how it performs. You need other filters to make it profitable.

I made an ea based on ADX about a year ago which took my account over 300% in 1 month, but as conditions changed it started performing poorly.

Here is a link to the old video of the ea in progress.

Rogue Trader Trailer on Vimeo

c0deZ:
... Trading soly on ADX is not a good way. Run it thru an ea and see how it performs. You need other filters to make it profitable ...

ADX is a great indicator. Trading on it solely, for me, is extremely profitable... Daily trading, not scalping I mean. Last trade I took, netted me close to 15,000K on demo, 1 trade - mind you, the trade was placed over I think 2 weeks. Who cares, 2 weeks?! 15 thousand dollars over 10 trading days is 1500 dollars a day, less your swap of course. For my system, you need equity for the draw down you incur, but the draw down is under 5% of any trade. Don't ask me to prove it, because I won't - it's easy information to find on any MT4 chart on a daily time frame, on any pair.

This thread is great you guys, the ADX bar's (layered over the candles is GREAT)

do u have the guts to go live yet?

blkmale71:
do u have the guts to go live yet?

It's not about having the guts, it's about having the confidence.

Reason: