ADX alert!! - page 2

sed34:
can someone please help me with this? here is the thing.

i have an adx alert which i think has better signal than the previous indicator by "increase". I have the settings the same on both indicators. but the one i have gives better results.

The first chart is adx v2

the second chart is adx crossing w alerts. it gives better results. but it doesn't alert me to the crossing. Also i have to keep switching time frames for the updated chart to show the red dot or the green dot.

what is going on?

your indi (ADX Crossing w_Alerts.mq4 ) just lying (on this one bar) - that's what going on

b4plusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,shift-1);

nowplusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,shift);

it reads bar from the future - so its good on history (when it knows "the future")

"previous indicator by "increase"" - telling what going on in real life -as is

fxbs:
your indi (ADX Crossing w_Alerts.mq4 ) just lying (on this one bar) - that's what going on

b4plusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,shift-1);

nowplusdi=iADX(NULL,0,ADXbars,PRICE_CLOSE,MODE_PLUSDI,shift);

it reads bar from the future - so its good on history (when it knows "the future")

"previous indicator by "increase"" - telling what going on in real life -as is

ok. that's make more sense. moving it back by one so it looks like you will have a leg up on the market. thanks for the clarification. I used the first indicator along with others to create a new trading system based solely on the ADX. let me know what you guys think. i used the "indicator" indicator as a filter.

Files:
revised.jpg  101 kb

Adx with alert

Hello Sed34,

I love your chart illustration particurly the indictor ToR1.20 which I think is a mutiple-timeframe of adx and cci. It makes it easier to read the adx movement at a glance. Could it be possible for you to help us with it? Thanks for the ones you've posted.

ADX cross over signal / email

Does anyone have, or can anyone modify an existing signal for:

ADX +/- cross over arrow up/down on the chart, NO signal box or audio signal or the ability to stop the box/ding and also have it send an email when the signal arrow is produced.

Does anyone have one like this ?

Or can anyone genrate one ?

I have an ADX cross signal indi now, but the box/ding is NOT choosable to be on/off.

I also like I said, want to have an email alert sent out as I'll use this when I'm not at my machine, but can get to it to make trades on longer TFs (30m/1H/4H)

thanks,

Kurt

also, the one I have sometimes stops refreshing itself.

Meaning I have to change the 1H chart to something else and back to the 1H chart or it might not paint the signal.......

any ideas why that happens ?

I like this indicator, but for some reason the Alert, pop up window and WAV sound dings with every tick on a signal bar.

I have it on 5m, 15M, 1H and 4H charts, so you can imagine is DINGS alot and is very annoying.

Can someone fix this indi so that the pop up alert can be disabled ?

Also, does someone have that Advanced ADX indi that was posted on a chart a few posts back ?

thanks,

kj

found the Advanced ADX indi.

Also, the ADX crossing alert indi I was asking to modify is on the front page of this thread.

adx crossing alert

I can't add attachments it seems.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175611

can someone fix this crossing with alert file ?

alert Dings with every tick..... very annoying.....

Can someone disable the alert pop up /ding ?

kujo:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/175611

can someone fix this crossing with alert file ?

alert Dings with every tick..... very annoying.....

Can someone disable the alert pop up /ding ?

UseSound = True to False does not work?

ADX_Crossing.mq4 (2.4 KB: raw di+-) bit faster then ADXBARSsmz - but also picks up all the noise

Reason: