CCI Filter - page 8

Hi Guys,

One of my favorite indicators is the TripleCCI, which is posted here (in the present thread).

However, there was a minor bug in it, which resulted in some problems when trying to load it into some of MT's updates (only if you'd upload the old .ex file, it would work), and which made it impossible to adapt certain parameters in the mq4 file.

The original version of the indicator uses typical price, and I prefer to use the close, so this bugged me for quite a while (literally - pun intended ).

But becoming a little more familiar with mq4 files and the MetaExpert editor, I finally found the glitch, and fixed it.

Here is the fixed original version, as well as a version that uses the price's close value. There's not a huge difference between the 2, but in some cases it can make a useful difference.

Cheers.

Hi FXBS. I Figured something like what you suggest should be possible. However, when I paste that bit of code you give (the 1st 2 lines), right with the other "extern int" lines and "input parameters", it does not seem to overrule the setting programmed further down...

Does it mean I should delete something from the rest of the code?

Anyway, I don't think I'm skilled enough yet to do this one properly...

Would you feel like cleaning this indi up? I think it's a "classic", IMHO.

For instance, one extra thing I believe should be cleaned up (although others may disagree) is all the extra coding for making a difference between timeframes. I just don't believe in doing that. Not much, that is. Either a setting works, whatever the timeframe, or it doesn't... . It just clutters things up when trying out different setting, etc... (besides that it's always possible to make different templates for different timeframes).

Adding alerts for overbought/-oversold levels would also be really useful (preferably with the possibilty to choose the alert being given for forming bar, or after a bar is formed), although the CCI filter posted in this thread does a pretty good job at that (but it does take up extra space and resources when adding it to a template).

Anyway, there's no real urgency here. It's just that it would be cool to have this indi nicely clean and tidy, and turbo tweaked.

Take care

like this:

Files:

Yeah! Nicely clean and tidy It's a relatively small difference, but it's SO much more general-purpose...

Apparently, it matters where those extra lines are placed. I put them right at the beginning of "//---- input parameters". This doesn't work, duh... Putting it just behind the basic setting parameters does the trick though. Makes sense.

Thanks FXBS, you did it again!

fxbs:
like this:

Thanks for the update fxbs.

Cheers

Ethan Hunt

basically as Mladen did in Sto triple - simple and effective way of smoothing (averaging)

Files:

was updates on cci filter - dots,alerts, etc

CCI_Cross0_x3WarnSigAlertEli_MTF.mq4

ccioma - Kalenzo's Rsioma little sister

Files:
cci_of_ma.gif  10 kb
cci_of_ma.mq4  3 kb

cci rsi Bar; Kinonen

Reason: