CCI Filter - page 5

Woodies w/ CCI Filters

Perky,

Due to chart value incompatability between the BB Squeeze and the CCIs, I changed to the Triple Woodies H4 TF together with NNJEIM's CCI Filters on the Daily. The style of trade is similar to Woodies TLB, HFE and ZLR. If you're not familiar with those terms go here - http://www.woodiescciclub.com/start.htm where you will find a PDF file with definitions and examples.

The following setup:

Chart - (H4)

14 EMA (color line)

34 EMA (dotted line)

Window 1 - Triple CCI Woodies

Trend - 50

Entry - 14

Turbo - 6

MTF CCIFilter v1 (D1)

6 / 1440

14 / 1440

34 / 1440

Basic Pattern Trades (based on Woodies' Rules) -

I do not trade these according to the strict rules of Woodie but adopted the basic idea in this H4 TF construction.

1. Trend Line Break (TLB) - Trend and Counter-Trend

2. Zero Line Reject (ZLR) - Counter-Trend

3. Hook from Extremes (HFE) (TCCI 6 / or CCI 14 cross the (+)(-) 200).

I will send the template next. Set it up and see for yourself on GBP the above reoccuring patterns.

COTtrader

Files:

pump it up

thanks increase for the addition.

however i would be greatful if someone would help filter the signals generated by the cci filter. indicator already uploaded earlier,

excellent signals when market is trendy. but !! it is a mess when market is sideways....

thank you

Hi,

As for filtering the cci signals, i have found the CZI and Sidewinder have become much more useful now. The cci filter has brought them to life for me and so have them on my template. When all the colours show the same thats your signal. But using all of this in the context of support and resistance areas of the chart..........obviously.

napeharm

czi and sidewinder

could someone upload the czi and sidewinder and explain the color coding used in those indicators?

thank you

Hi,

Colouring is dead simple nnjeim. On sidewinder green is go for both long and short, CZI brown is short aqua is long. Mixed or other colours is chop. Woodie suggest counting 3 bars before entering with CZI but this probably relates to his method and i am not using that. Simple really and works a treat with your cci filter.

There is no code available for these indicators so you can download them from FX Snipers thread. If you wish to put them onto your indicator window use the overlay ones. There are lastest versions posted on the thread no;24.

napeharm

Hi,

This is one one of my more colourful templates showing CCI Filter with CZI and Sidewinder combinations for testing purposes.

napeharm

Files:
scary.gif  34 kb

CCI Filter Duo V1

hi guys,

try this one CCIFilterDuo V1

i compared the results with the czi:

yellow and light blue areas are the low volatility areas where

cci14 and cci50 are not in line.

other color coding is similar to the provious v0.3 version.

find the attached chart for comparative results with the czi...

cheers,

Files:

Hi,

Cheers for latest indicator.

napeharm

Yes thanks very much for latest -- it is the best for filtering

M5 using the CCI Filters

Great Job, Nnjeim. I can hardly keep up with your good work.

Picture #1 -

On my M5 TF Chart 1 (first pix) I use the MTF CCI Filters according to the pix-a 30 min., 15 min., and 5 min. Also the "XO Method" Forex Freedom Bar using CCIs 7, 7, 14, 34. Finally, a Triple Woodies 168 value presents a fairly clean movement to the trend.

Picture #2 - (my filter for Chart 1)

M5 TF Chart 2 really allows for great entries. Both charts correspond to one another, yet Chart 2 places the entry spot on.

Set up the "ZZ MTF XO_A" indicator from the "XO Method" TF 240 / 4.5. Then a second "ZZ MTF XO_A TF 60/10.0. Also attach the "ZZ 4 TF XO" using KirPERS values 5.0/5.0/6.0/5.0. Finally, the dual RSX (RSI) Periods M30/6 and M15/8 also helps visualize the trend but are not necessary.

Hope this helps someone. Keep up the good work. Bravo!

Cheers,

COTtrader

Files:
chart01.gif  39 kb
chart02.gif  31 kb
Reason: