CCI Filter - page 2

Hi, In all my trading i cannot stress enough the necessity of experience and of reference to areas of the chart where the price is likely to find it difficult to progress. Also of not trading towards these areas and of being aware of the risk if there appears to be a trade. I also use the ADX to define strength and when the trade might be over etc.

Trading is all about discretion context and experience. I would never blindly follow any signal from any method least of all my own. However, using a long CCI as a bench mark is a good filter for sudden or temporary moves. I find the 150CCI does a good job of filtering and often the trend has begun by the time if crosses the +50/-50 line, for other entries and re entries i use the 14 CCI.

napeharm

Hi, nnjeim,

The 150CCI is simply a way of filtering. It is certainly not part of any system or Woodies, which i have read and understood thoroghly.

I have tried the 14ema and 34 ema but find recently that a 20 ema/hi and 20 ema/low do a similar job and i like looking at ema's with level lines as it forms a band which the price must break out of before a trade begins. My method, such as it is, is an amalgam of many ideas and things which i beleive work to produce as safe a trade as possible.!...............

Needless to say, with three CCI's in one window there is alot of choice as to which signals can be used, according to the type of trade that is taking place since they are so varied etc.

napeharm

chart

hi napeharm,

could you post a chart snapshot of yours.

ty

Hi, I have posted a chart before, see if this comes through.

napeharm

Files:
cci4.gif  55 kb

Here is another one from my history.

napeharm

Files:
cci.gif  63 kb

hi, There, that should be sufficient.

napeharm

Files:
cci3.gif  58 kb

cci filter array

i like the way you created an array of cci filter.

this reminds we of the forex freeway indicator (it lags ) MTF issue.

how are you overlaying juice (witch version) with the ccis

Hi, I am presently trying out differant Juice indicators to see if they work and can be accommodated within the CCI window, since i want have as few windows as possible. The version i am looking at right now is the MTF version. I have it set on 5 mins.

The fixed max. and min. need changing to get it to sit and the bottom of the window and take up as little room as possible and i am using one of the cci level lines to define the entry filter for it.

napeharm

suggested cci values

thanks to mapeharm who started the array of cci filters.

i though of this usage :

5 min time frame.

cci filter (42) -------> shows the cci(14) on the 15min TF

cci filter (84) -------> shows the cci(14) on the 30min TF

cci filter (168) -------> shows the cci(14) on the 60min TF

cci filter (672) -------> shows the cci(14) on the 240min TF

still on the chart you can see the 14/6 woodies for early entries.

and the ema cloud (ema close+ema high + ema low)

Files:
chart_2.gif  25 kb

another snapshot

watch the evolution of the trade when 2 filters or more from higher TF start showing red....

Files:
chart_3.gif  24 kb
Reason: