OrderSend error with OP_SELLSTOP and OP_BUYSTOP

Hi there,

I have a problem with issuing OP_SELLSTOP/OP_BUYSTOP.

For example, I ran a script on EURUSD 1 Hourly:

MyPrice = High[1] + (iATR(Symbol(),0,6,1)*1.5);

Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYSTOP, Lots, MyPrice,3, Low[1], 0,"BUYSTOP",0,0,Green);

MyPrice returns 1.16925750.

It gives me an error "2005.11.28 22:00:06 EURUSD,H1: invalid price 1.16925750 for OrderSend function". It is associated with error code: 4107.

So, I thought it was because of the rounding off issue. Hence, I replaced MyPrice with:

MyPrice = High[1] + NormalizeDouble(((iATR(Symbol(),0,6,1)*1.5),4);

Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYSTOP, Lots, MyPrice,3, Low[1], 0,"BUYSTOP",0,0,Green);

Now, I get "OrderSend BUYSTOP failed with error #4109" (ERR_TRADE_NOT_ALLOWED).

Even if I hardcoded the price like so, it still returns me #4109 error. Can anyone do me a favour and execute this, and tell me if it works?:

OrderSend("EURUSD", OP_BUYSTOP, 1, 1.1900, 3, Low[1], 0,"BUYSTOP",0,0,Green);

Has anyone got a successful OP_BUYSTOP/SELLSTOP sample? What does the above error really mean 4107 and 4109?

Thanks!

It works!

TheExponential:
Hi there,

I have a problem with issuing OP_SELLSTOP/OP_BUYSTOP.

For example, I ran a script on EURUSD 1 Hourly:

MyPrice = High[1] + (iATR(Symbol(),0,6,1)*1.5);

MyPrice returns 1.16925750.

It gives me an error "2005.11.28 22:00:06 EURUSD,H1: invalid price 1.16925750 for OrderSend function". It is associated with error code: 4107.

So, I thought it was because of the rounding off issue. Hence, I replaced MyPrice with:

MyPrice = High[1] + NormalizeDouble(((iATR(Symbol(),0,6,1)*1.5),4);

Now, I get "OrderSend BUYSTOP failed with error #4109" (ERR_TRADE_NOT_ALLOWED).

Even if I hardcoded the price like so, it still returns me #4109 error. Can anyone do me a favour and execute this, and tell me if it works?:

OrderSend("EURUSD", OP_BUYSTOP, 1, 1.1900, 3, Low[1], 0,"BUYSTOP",0,0,Green);

Has anyone got a successful OP_BUYSTOP/SELLSTOP sample? What does the above error really mean 4107 and 4109?

Thanks!

TheExponential,

Your code worked for me, I don't know what's the problem with your platform (I'm using MT4 Build 186).

This is the code I used:

//+------------------------------------------------------------------+

//| My_First_EA.mq4 |

//| Coders Guru |

//| https://www.forex-tsd.com |

#property copyright "Coders Guru"

#property link "https://www.forex-tsd.com"

//| expert initialization function |

int init()

{

//----

//----

return(0);

}

//| expert deinitialization function |

int deinit()

{

//----

//----

return(0);

}

//| expert start function |

int start()

{

int total = OrdersTotal();

if(total < 1)

{

double MyPrice = High[1] + NormalizeDouble((iATR(Symbol(),0,6,1)*1.5),4);

double ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYSTOP, 0.1, MyPrice,3, Low[1], 0,"BUYSTOP",0,0,Green);

}

return(0);

}

Please see the attached Strategy Tester Report and the screen shot of a pending order in live trade.

2- I didn't get those errors:

4107 means "invalid price parameter for trade function"

4109 means "trade is not allowed"

Thanks CodesGuru. That actually works as an EA on the same MT4 build as yours.

But I want to challenge you more, because the following does not work for me as a script (instead of EA). I think we have a bug!. Would you mind testing it for me.

int Ticket=OrderSend(Symbol(), OP_BUYSTOP, 1, (High[1]+0.0020), 3, (Low[1]-0.0020), 0,"BuyStop",0,0,Green);

if(Ticket<0) string MsgText = "OrderSend BUYSTOP failed with error #" + GetLastError();

Print(Symbol()+", "+(High[1]+0.0020) + ", " + (Low[1]-0.0020) + ", " +MsgText);

Do you think I need to put "NormalizeDouble" to make it work? Have you tried it without the "NormalizeDouble" in EA, and did you get 4107 error code?

If you do get 4107 error (Invalid Price), do you think it's because the MyPrice results in more than FOUR decimal places?

Thanks once again.

TheExponential,

Did you ever get this resolved. I'm having the same problem when building a "script" to close/open positions on a "single click". If I run it as an expert, it runs fine and will close all open positions. If I run it as a script, it fails with your error. I do know that it's tied to not being allowed to run live trades from a script, but wondered if you found a way to force an allow of live trades. (the Trader script that comes with MT4 won't even work due to the same error.

Bear

Yes in fact it is true that:

Anytime the price is bigger than number of decimal digits used for the pair, you need to normalizedouble to the correct number of digits.

Your volume is too high. If you want 100000, which is 1 lot, just use 1 for your volume.

deleted

deleted message

Reason: