Heiken Ashi Idea - page 8

raff1410:
Hi...

MaPeriod=1; MaPeriod2=1; You will get Heiken Ashi

MaPeriod=1; MaMetod2=2; MaPeriod2=3; You will get smoothed Heiken Ashi

MaPeriod=3; MaMetod=2; MaPeriod2=1; You will get Heiken Ashi MA

MaPeriod=3; MaMetod=2; MaMetod2=2; MaPeriod2=3 You will get smoothed Heiken Ashi MA (nonsense to me)

THNX

Raff

Hi, Great inidicator.

Could this be modified to have it on a seperate window (instead of it being on the candlestick window)? Also, it'd be great that we could manually change the MaMetod and MaPeriod on the seperate window for backtesting.

Thanks!!

PS: It could be in the form of a histogram or just "small blocks" indicating colour change!

sep & chart window

Heiken_AshiH_cw_mtf.

Heiken_AshiH_sw_mtf.

fxbs:
Heiken Ashi.obj.sw code generouselly borrowed from Kalenzo (whole thing) author: Bartlomeo.Gorski.

Hi mate,

I dont know if that was meant for my request, but i tried that, and thats the normal Heiken Ashi. I really want the Heiken Ashi Smoothed version on a separate window - either in candlestick form or (and preferably) histogram form. Also, i would like to change the values of the MaPeriod1, Maperiod2, MaMetod1 and MeMetod2 manually for back testing purposes.

If someone could help me out with this, it would be so much appreciated.

Thanks fellas!

Regards.

Files:

filps:
How do you filter out false signals of Heiken Ashi Smoothed...

What other indicators used in conjunction with Heiken Ashi Smoothed?

Thank you!!!

Hi,

Just like you, this is my 1st post and I thought I could help out with my 2-cent worth of answer. I use MACD (12,25,9) or SuperWoodieCCI (50,0) to keep away the false signals. They both do a great deal of work in getting the losers out of my way.

Buy or sell confirmation: when one or both histograms cross the 0 line towards the upside or downside respectively.

Find SuperWoodieCCI attached.

Files:

hamas from fxcruiser thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174941

Files:
hama_syst.gif  18 kb
hama.mq4  4 kb

asking about heiken ashi.obj.sw

Hello, Fxbs. Why the Heikenashi.obj.sw.mq4 that you post did not work ? When I attached, It show up, but the next and the next candle didn't show up. I must attached again for showing the next candle. Can you fix this ?

Thanks, please reply.

Best regards.

mikael:
Hello, Fxbs. Why the Heikenashi.obj.sw.mq4 that you post did not work ? When I attached, It show up, but the next and the next candle didn't show up. I must attached again for showing the next candle. Can you fix this ?

Thanks, please reply.

Best regards.

it works and do what i want it to do - nothing to fix; if it doesn't work on your side - something wrong on your side; if you want it to do something else - you can ask somebody to make something else for you

thx for your reply, fxbs.

Help needed with my Heiken Ashi EA

Hi all, I haven't posted in a while but I love this Forex thing. I have an EA based on the Heiken Ashi Smoothed Indicator. I paid Nick Bilack to write for me and he gave me full rights to the program. Only problem is it still doesn't trade exactly the way I would like and he is now too busy with his own EA quest to continue helping me develop this one, but I do believe that it has a lot of potential. Hopefully one of you expert coders out there could help improve on this and make it a Holy Grail EA It works in that it opens trades based on the color change or on the line cross (your choice), It gives a better result trading based on the color change. So heres the problem: since HAS repaints it will open a trade on the color change and it is ready to ride the trend, but then the color may change immediately after or sometime later for that matter and it will not ALWAYS immediately close that order and reopen a new trade in the opposite direction and thus will continue with a losing trade in the wrong direction until it hits the stoploss. So can one of you experts fix this???? I have had other suggest to have it place order on the second bar to prevent whipsaw, But the problem still remains if it then again repaints then I'm still in the same problem and stuck in a losing trade. Hopefully someone can come up with a way to have the EA continually keep checking the signal every so many minutes, maybe with a setting that you can set how many minutes you want it to wait before rechecking the signal so it could be varied depending on which time frame your trading. That might work or preferably I would like to have it check on every tick, but it just doesnt work the way it is because if it doesnt reverse on the color change your stuck in a losing trade, I would rather it close the order at a small loss and reverse with the color change. My goal is to run the EA on long term trades with large PIP Gains like Hourly, 4Hour or Daily chart to prevent whipsaw and pick up those large gains. So lets make this work and I hereby share this EA with all my Forex friends.

I was using the EA on H1 with settings of:

TakeProfit=1000;

StopLoss=1000;

TrailingStop = 1000;

Lots = 0.1;

MaMetod = 3;

MaPeriod = 8;

MaMetod2 = 1;

MaPeriod2 = 1;

TradeOnColor=true

Using the high TP SL and TS it basically is shutting them off so it merely trades based on the color trade, the HAS settings smoothes it out just a hair yet keeps it accurate, and the True trades on the color change instead of the line cross of the HAS indicator and the price. So there we go, I really think this can work and I am anxious to see if someone can help me with this but as I said it needs the fix that I explained above.

Files:

Heiken Ashi

Hi Traders !!

I'm looking for a Heiken Ashi indicator that will left the last 5 bar ( 5 is an example ) as candlesticks or bars chart in order to see price action.

I've search a lot but can't find what I'm looking for ... Someone can help me please ?

Reason: