Coding help - page 5

Metatrader Coder with Forex Trading Experience

I am looking for a Forex Trader who uses Metatrader and ideally has Metatrader Coding experience to do some analysis and training work.

Payment terms negotiable.

Please respond to:

jpchamney@yahoo.com

Take profit ea (Help)

I am looking for ea that allows to makeTake Profit under the rule of broker (my broker pending order is requires a minimum 10 pips from the price running), thanks for the help

hello everybody

i'm looking for an EA that can change T/P of my open positions to T/P of last open position and every time new pending order with specific t/p triggered, t/p all of open position change to t/p of that pending order that now is a open order (base on semi-martingale strategy )

EX:

buy 1.5100 t/p : 20pip (1.5120)

if price move down 20pip away my first pending limit order triggered in the same direction of my open position

1st limit order : buy 1.5080 t/p: 20pip (1.5100)

in this position i want an EA that automatically change all of my position tale profit to last opened that mean (1.5100) so :

open position : buy 1.5100 and 1st pending limit order 1.5080 that now triggered both of them get same t/p that is t/p of last open position mean 1.5100

and this cycle go until 20pip take profit reach

i really need this EA

I don't know where to start when it comes to learning how to code my own EA. I tired some free online EA creation software but it is too vague and confusing when you want to add special features into the EA.

EA Design - Meets the Criteria

hifromeddie:
I paid a programmer to create a simple moving average EA for me.

But can someone please tell me what in the mq4 code is causing the EA to never stop trading?

For example, when take profit, trailing stop, or stop loss are hit the EA should not open a trade again until the next trade signal (after the price crosses the moving average and a certain number of candles open and close - depending upon the consecutive bars in the inputs).

I have no coding experience so if you see something wrong in the code can you please upload the corrected version?

I am thinking maybe only one word or character needs changed, but I don't know.

The problem is the EA never stops opening trades once 1 trade closes - it then creates a chain of never ending up and down trades that are always opening and closing.

This EA has the potential to be very profitable especially if you choose to use 200 simple moving average, and choose a certain number of candles (bars) to open and close before a trade is triggered so you can filter out a ranging market that ranges near the 200 sma before a breakout.

I am not ready for the EA to go public until after I test it on a demo and live account.

But I need help fixing the code so I will post it here temporarily.

Thanks in advance.

Hi Eddie,

I'm curious what Buy/Sell Conditions did you specify to the programmer ...because the EA looks like it's doing what you want as you describe in your post.

It is opening trades above and below the 200ma...

It waits a few bars after the crossing before it opens the trades

Then it keeps opening trades until it crosses the 200ma again.

It looks like the EA works fine based on the stated criteria.

And since the 200ma is a loooong cycle.....the conditions remain the same for a long time and the EA continues to make lots of connected non-stop trades.

Zoom out on your chart and you will see how your EA meets your buy/sell conditions.

You will need to change your buy/sell conditions and/or add more filters to stop the non-stop trades.

Hope this helps,

Robert

Files:

Add Another MA For Crossing

hifromeddie:

That is what I need (see quote).

How do I code that change into the EA?

The EA should stop after it takes profit from the first trade, and wait until is crosses the MA again.

Hi Eddie,

If this "one trade per crossing" buy/sell criteria was specified to your programmer, they should add this feature for you.

If not and this is now being added to your buy/sell criteria, here are some suggestions that you and/or your programmer can work on.

Your code does not look like a typical MA crossing...there is only one MA...the 200ma...and the candle bars.

One solution is to add another MA set at 1ma to match the current price line and cross with the 200ma as in your EA. (1ma 200ma = crossing)

Then add a few lines of crossing code to keep track of the MA crossings and number of trades, so you only trade once per 1ma crossing 200ma cycle.

There are good examples of MA crossing code from UniversalMACross EA and other MA Crossing EA's that may already do what you want as well. Do a TSD search for them.

And you are right, you won't get many trades with 1 trade per 200ma crossing...but they may be safer.

Actually, the UniversalMACrossEA already does what you want with the 2 MA's crossing (set at 1ma and 200ma). It also has many great built-in features to try out such as Exit On Crossing and SAR and pivot filters. Take a look.

Hope this helps,

Robert

The EA is in testing.

UPDATE: Previously this post was about my EA with a bug. But I am updating this post because my programmer fixed the EA....It is currently in testing.

Thank you Robert for your suggestions.The EA is mostly working like it should. After I test it if it seems like a worthy EA let me know if you want me to email you the final copy. I might eventually post it here after further back testing and live testing.

Bongo,as i was looking i undrstund that you are old in this business,i need to know if it was a real robot that can make profit on MT4,can any body help me...

thanks

Reason: