Do You Get THAT Feeling? - page 79

US plans to cut funding for jobs market statistics

Senate wants to cut Bureau of Labor Statistics budget

The US has a mish-mash of statistical agencies but one of the most important is the Bureau of Labor Statistics. They produce the monthly non-farm payrolls report (and revise it endlessly afterwards).

The Washington Post writes about its struggle to fund itself next year.

"The BLS commissioner, a former colleague of mine, plans to use the president's budget request, should it be appropriated by Congress, to improve monthly data on labor market dynamics - how many workers were hired and fired, the number of job openings and the like - and to add questions to a monthly survey about alternative work arrangements, flexible schedules and work-life balance."

theNews:
Senate wants to cut Bureau of Labor Statistics budget

The US has a mish-mash of statistical agencies but one of the most important is the Bureau of Labor Statistics. They produce the monthly non-farm payrolls report (and revise it endlessly afterwards).

The Washington Post writes about its struggle to fund itself next year.

"The BLS commissioner, a former colleague of mine, plans to use the president's budget request, should it be appropriated by Congress, to improve monthly data on labor market dynamics - how many workers were hired and fired, the number of job openings and the like - and to add questions to a monthly survey about alternative work arrangements, flexible schedules and work-life balance."

are those reports "seasonally adjusted"?

mesmorizing.... Norse Attack Map

Pava:
mesmorizing.... Norse Attack Map

I would not count on that statistics. I see much more attacks from US and UK than they are showing it there on TSD alone (can not say for other sites, but I assume that it is similar - if nothing else, for the usage of VPN in those countries for such attack types) - those are filtered out attacks made to show what someone wants us to see

mladen:
I would not count on that statistics. I see much more attacks from US and UK than they are showing it there on TSD alone (can not say for other sites, but I assume that it is similar - if nothing else, for the usage of VPN in those countries for such attack types) - those are filtered out attacks made to show what someone wants us to see

The whole ECHELON is left out of that (and some more - none is starting from Pentagon). That is more a propaganda that is trying to convince us that we are all attackable (which we know for a long time) than a real too

Is The New U.S. 'Law Of War Manual' Actually ‘Hitlerian'?

What seems undeniable about the Law of War Manual, is that there are self-contradictions within it. To assert that it "reads like it was written by Hitler's Ministry of War,” is going too far. But, to say that it’s hypocritical (except, perhaps, on torture, where it’s clearly a repudiation of GWB’s practices), seems safely true. Parts of the document are propaganda. The purpose isn’t to fool the public, who won’t read the document. The purpose of the propaganda is to enable future presidents to say, “But if you will look at this part of the Manual, you will see that what we are doing is perfectly legal.” Those mutually contradictory passages are there in order to provide answers which will satisfy both the ‘hawks’ and the ‘doves.’

They are doing what all the rest already done : making the law "interpretable" as it is needed for their intentions

mladen:
They are doing what all the rest already done : making the law "interpretable" as it is needed for their intentions

All becoming the same. F words all around

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-08-21/youve-been-warned-spotify-wants-spy-you-every-way-imaginable

"Music streaming market leader Spotify has decided that it wants to know a lot more about you. It wants to be able to access the sensor information on your phone so it can determine whether you’re walking, running or standing still. It wants to know your GPS coordinates, grab photos from your phone and look through your contacts too. And it may share that information with its partners, so a whole load of companies could know exactly where you are and what you’re up to."

I am Getting THAT! Feeling...but don't know why........

Reason: