Something interesting, old thread - page 4

Trend alexcud CCI + alert

Small variation to trend alexcud...instead of moving averages, it calculates multi tf cci at typical price.

Regards

doc

p.s.

(alerts are fixed thanks to mladen!)

snapshot

This indicator save pictures each new open bar...pictures could be found at this directory:

C:\Users\Usersname\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\FE0E6****\MQL5\FILES

doc

Files:

Draw horizontal lines

You need to specify max and min price and it draws equidistant horizontal lines.

doc

Files:

mladen:
Here is a metatrader 4 example for that. It will collect all the prices (but it is not a looping job) and will calculate only the required number of bars (so that is the case what you are looking for). To see a line at all set the number of bars to calculate to 2 since in the case of just 1 bar calculation you will have to wait till a new bar comes in to make the line visible, but in the data window you will see that the correct CCI value is there

So instead of simply calling the cci, I need to create it? I cannot declare rates_total array instead?

Best regards

doc

Doc

Just hopping in but this is how probably the calculation you are looking for should be done in metatrader 5. That is the calculation that will not calculate all the bars, but just the necessary ones. Try it out

Files:
prova_3.02.mq5  17 kb

Metatrader 5 version of CCI simple indicator

Metatrader 5 version of CCI simple indicator. The same as the metatrader 4 version this one too allows limiting the number of bars calculated

Files:

Doc

Try out this version and let me know what happens. It is using thee "simple" one from the previous post instead of the the built in CCI. Results (as far as calculations are concerned) are the same. I am curious what is the difference in speed (I would like to pinpoint the problem, since I hate the "not knowing" what is happening ) since it seems that we need a lot to learn about metatrader 5 (about what to do and what to expect from it)

Files:

mladen:
Doc Try out this version and let me know what happens. It is using thee "simple" one from the previous post instead of the the built in CCI. Results (as far as calculations are concerned) are the same. I am curious what is the difference in speed (I would like to pinpoint the problem, since I hate the "not knowing" what is happening ) since it seems that we need a lot to learn about metatrader 5 (about what to do and what to expect from it)

Mladen,

a lot of stuff here, thank you...I need to think about how to proceed, but personally I thought it was much simple than this...the best functional way seems to be the creation inside the code of each single indicator needed (the function icustom is really too slow)...

by the way, I love this:

int window = ChartWindowFind(); checkObject(window,"cci1" , 50,15);

It's really zen!

Best regards

doc

MA multiple crosses signal

This indicator show the cross of 2 moving averages...

...but you can view up to 4 ma's crosses together (you need to change the 1st input from 1 to 4)

Best regards

doc

CCI multiple crosses signal

Same job here but with the CCI

Regards

doc

Reason: