Triangular moving average (TMA) ... - page 2

mladen:
And for the end : one thing that is less known. The way how the centered triangular moving average is extrapolated makes the current bars value equal to one very well known moving average : linear weighted moving average. Current bar value of centered TMA is exactly the same as half length + 1 period LWMA. Here is an example at which it is obvious that at the end points they are exactly the same : red is the centered TMA and blue is the LWMA

And which makes the answer to the following question obvious : can it be "end-pointed" as SSA in order to make it non-repainting. The answer is yes and linear weighted moving average (LWMA) is the end-pointed centered TMA (so it is the non-repainting version of the centered TMA)

Now, that would be all. I just hope that my daily regular emails about TMA will lessen now that this is explained ... As it is obvious, it is a fairly good tool for estimation (the work of Brian Millard regarding this subject is very significant and I recommend everybody that can read his book about to do so - it might help understanding what were they after) but there is no magic nor wonder in it.

HI Mladen ,

Thanks for all your explanations.

I have modified Keltner channel to do Tma Channel End-Point.

Regards.

TMA and centered TMA metatrader 5 versions ...

To round up this thread added metatrader 5 versions of triangular moving average (TMA) as well as the centered triangular moving average (TMA centered). Both have slope coloring added and some additional prices choices. All said about the metatrader 4 versions of these indicators stands for metatrader 5 versions too

Files:
5_tma.png  64 kb
tma.mq5  7 kb

mladen

mladen:
To round up this thread added metatrader 5 versions of triangular moving average (TMA) as well as the centered triangular moving average (TMA centered). Both have slope coloring added and some additional prices choices.

Would it be possible to add the "slope coloring" feature to the MetaTrader 4 versions of TMA and TMAcentered??

Thank you.

Non repaint TmaSlope Indicator

This TmaSlope2 indicator works well with any forex pairs but doesn't work with Index and Commodity futures !!!

Can any master coder please fix this problem or explain why does it happen ?

Thanks in advance

secretcode

Files:
tma_1.gif  25 kb
tma_3.gif  19 kb
tma_2.gif  17 kb
tmaslope2.mq4  7 kb

sohocool:
HI Mladen ,

Thanks for all your explanations.

I have modified Keltner channel to do Tma Channel End-Point.

Regards.

What's the name of that other (multicolored) channel that is not squeezed by atr ? Can i take a look at it ?

It seems that someone has read this thread since that is a LWMA slope Anyway, it is "normalizing" values to pips and that is why it will work good only on some time frames (5 minutes for example - try it on daily or weekly and you will see what I mean) and on some forex symbols. So wherever the expected pip values and changes are not as in, fr example, 5 minute EURUSD, it will not work as expected

secretcode:
This TmaSlope2 indicator works well with any forex pairs but doesn't work with Index and Commodity futures !!!

Can any master coder please fix this problem or explain why does it happen ?

Thanks in advance

secretcode

mladen:
It seems that someone has read this thread since that is a LWMA slope Anyway, it is "normalizing" values to pips and that is why it will work good only on some time frames (5 minutes for example - try it on daily or weekly and you will see what I mean) and on some forex symbols. So wherever the expected pip values and changes are not as in, fr example, 5 minute EURUSD, it will not work as expected

Got it Master

Thanks

voltagetoe:
What's the name of that other (multicolored) channel that is not squeezed by atr ? Can i take a look at it ?

Hi,

It is Mladen Indicator : TriangularMA centered bands (but only elite section).

You can ask to Mladen .

Regards.

Centered TMA bands ...

Since it was made so long ago and since some are already building systems around it, here it is (I think elite section members won't mind). Whatever was told for centered triangular moving average is valid for this indicator too : do not use it in any kind of signaling mode. It is meant to be used for estimations only

PS: the above settings are 50,0,100,2 (the longer the atr period, the smoother the bands are)

PPS: that is it's original name from the beginning. I never called it TMA bands and was always telling people what I said in the first paragraph of this post about how to use it and what it does

sohocool:
Hi,

It is Mladen Indicator : TriangularMA centered bands (but only elite section).

You can ask to Mladen .

Regards.

mladen:
Since it was made so long ago and since some are already building systems around it, here it is (I think elite section members won't mind). Whatever was told for centered triangular moving average is valid for this indicator too : do not use it in any kind of signaling mode. It is meant to be used for estimations only

PS: the above settings are 50,0,100,2 (the longer the atr period, the smoother the bands are)

PPS: that is it's original name from the beginning. I never called it TMA bands and was always telling people what I said in the first paragraph of this post about how to use it and what it does

Thank you very much Mladen,

I took a look at it in visual backtesting and it gave very good trend following entries when the market was clearly trending. Had to narrow bands a bit though. It's the best bands indicator that I have seen. I'll be watching it more aside real trading.

Reason: