Indicators with alerts/signal - page 4

DeSt:
Can a charitable programmer alter the ASCTrend alerts so that it places a trade at the alert? Please post the completed program in expert advisor version 4 section of this forum.

I did not check but I think we have alert for ASCTrend already somewhere here.

As to ASCTrend EA so I know many attempts to do it. But first we need to evaluate this ASCTrend system (on the same way as we evaluated Braintrading system). We must be sure that this ASCTrend works and estimate the rules for the EA.

What are the difficulties?

As you know ASCTrend (and Braintrend etc) is signal system. It means that "the indicators are significant and price is nothing". Is it good or bad? Good because even the my son may trade using strict signal systems' rules following the dots or arrows. Just show him how to move the mouse and that's all.

Why is it bad? because we are not looking on the price and all the rules should be estimated very carefully because of that.

If we have non-signal system (some EMA crossing for example) we will have the price as the main subject and all the indicators with dots and arrows are auxiliary ones just for the confirmation and validation only. We will get all the information from the price movement. And small child can not trade non-signal system: he should be educated and experienced.

ASCTrend is the signal system.

ASCTrend expert advisor

newdigital:
I did not check but I think we have alert for ASCTrend already somewhere here.

As to ASCTrend EA so I know many attempts to do it. But first we need to evaluate this ASCTrend system (on the same way as we evaluated Braintrading system). We must be sure that this ASCTrend works and estimate the rules for the EA.

What are the difficulties?

As you know ASCTrend (and Braintrend etc) is signal system. It means that "the indicators are significant and price is nothing". Is it good or bad? Good because even the my son may trade using strict signal systems' rules following the dots or arrows. Just show him how to move the mouse and that's all.

Why is it bad? because we are not looking on the price and all the rules should be estimated very carefully because of that.

If we have non-signal system (some EMA crossing for example) we will have the price as the main subject and all the indicators with dots and arrows are auxiliary ones just for the confirmation and validation only. We will get all the information from the price movement. And small child can not trade non-signal system: he should be educated and experienced.

ASCTrend is the signal system.

It might be difficult but it will be worth the work. After an expert advisor is completed, you can test the performance of ASCTrend with the system tester in trading platform.

DeSt:
It might be difficult but it will be worth the work. After an expert advisor is completed, you can test the performance of ASCTrend with the system tester in trading platform.

Agree.

All the job is the following:

- we are estimating the rules for this EA.

- we are trading manually making sure that this rules are working and everything is fine.

- programmers code the EA.

- testing.

That is why I am talking about the rules: programmer are not doing it usually.

TheOne:
Does anybody know how to modify the alerts of the indicators below so that the alert will keep sounding until a dialog box is click. This would be very useful especially with 2CCI Zero Cross Alert. Thanks.

2CCI_ZeroCross_Alert.mq4

EMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4

LWMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4

SMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4

SMMA-Crossover_Signal.mq4

Please can someone help with this one. Anybody.

TheOne:
Please can someone help with this one. Anybody.

Codersguru is always doing any alert. You may ask him.

Thanks newdigital I will try that.

hi, try this before seeing a programer. In the inputs section of the indicator, i.e. when you first attach it, on the line that says "alert on" if it is reading "false" then double click on it and change it to "true".

Audo alert

Hi,

Is there or is it possible for a alert signal when a EMA crosses the price line?

tks

leighton

Need Help with Doji Indicator with Alert

I've been developing a trading strategy incorporating the doji and harami patterns but am unable to program an alert for the doji. The indicator I'm talking about is called "pattern recognition.mq4" and has a visual and audio alert for the harami and engulfing but I need one for the doji. I'm unable to upload it here for some reason but it can be found here in the forum. If anyone can help with this indicator, I would be willing to share my strategy with them. Thanks.

DeSoft

Doji alert

Hi!

I suggest you talk to MrPip on the Startegy Builder FX Community. He is a programmer and could do this for you. You can find him the stratoblaster forum. He's very efficient and helpful.

bidaweebiscuit

Reason: