Multi Timeframe Indicators - page 8

MTF murray math

hi! can someone do a MTF for the murray math indicator provided, i trying but im pretty crap at programming!

thanks

Multiple time frame LSMA indicator..

I've been using the LSMA with color indicator to sniff out reversals on the H4 charts, but I find the best signals come when the M30, H1, H4 and D1 timeframes all agree on direction. It gets a bit tiresome switching back and forth between timeframes, and I'd love to see an indicator that would simply show the direction the LSMA is pointing in multiple time frames..

So for each bar in the viewed time frame, it would indicate the direction (by color) of the LSMA in other time frames, so that confluence or divergence could be seen at a glance, without having to switch time frames..

Does anyone know of this type of indicator, or would anyone care to take a stab at programming it?

Multitimeframe BrainTrend

If you own a set of the original BrainTrend indicators, then you might want to use these multitimeframe versions. You must have the original BrainTrend indicators to make these work.

Files:
bt.zip  11 kb

Be careful when manually backtesting with these indicators. Spikes in live data disappear when you later switch between timeframes, for example.

Problem is with MT4, since it operates on close of current bar. If you use MTF indicator with setting of 60M on 5M chart, the "current bar" should be actually up to last 12 bars for this indicators to show the same chart on live and history data.

The only other package I know which operates on MTF (and correctly at that), is Fibonacci Trader.

hi gang,

i agree with thorr. if we apply a MTF with setting 30M on 5 M...the indicator is valid only before the last six bars, since on the actual 30M chart this indicator has not decided its value yet...because the last bar is still not closed. can someone code an example of an MTF indicator which only displays the valid signal. for eg. a MTF with setting of 60M on 15M should not display any value for the last four bars...and after the 60M bar closes we get the value on the 15M. i hope i have written in a way..that someone can understand. if one indicator can be made like this...then the rest can be modified simmilarly. thanks

Regards

gabroo

gabroo_munda:
hi gang, i agree with thorr. if we apply a MTF with setting 30M on 5 M...the indicator is valid only before the last six bars, since on the actual 30M chart this indicator has not decided its value yet...because the last bar is still not closed. can someone code an example of an MTF indicator which only displays the valid signal. for eg. a MTF with setting of 60M on 15M should not display any value for the last four bars...and after the 60M bar closes we get the value on the 15M.

Hi guys,

The MTF indicators show you exactly what is happening on the longer time frame in increments of the shorter time frame when you are watching them live.

The indicator looks to see what the value of the longer TF bar is and draws it. When you place an MTF indicator on a chart, you don't get the incremental view of past data, 'cuz all it has to go on is the close of those bars.

If you only want to take positions based on the close of all your selected TFs, it's pretty easy to see when a new bar is starting to form on the longer TF. If you are backtesting, and you only enter/exit on close of all TFs, then they should backtest properly. If you want to backtest and you're not waiting until the longer TF closes, then the backtests will not be correct.

As far as waiting til the longer TF bar closes before showing it on the chart, I don't think that's neccessay. As I said above, it's easy to get the close info for the longer TF if that's what you want. My original thinking for how these may be used goes something like this (example):

Entry rule: M5 Chart - Enter only when M5 & M15 PSar are in agreement and Juice is green on H1.

It's 08:30, PSars are together and Juice has been green, and growing, on the H1 for the last 6 bars (30minutes). I enter even though the H1 bar hasn't closed yet. Again, this is just an example.

I hope that all made sense.

I just think it's more versatile the way it is, but hey, I've been wrong about lots of things before, so post you thoughts.

Keris

hi keris,

i understand what you are saying. and i guess you are very correct as well. i'll do some more testing and try to use them..the way u explained. lets see ..how it goes. thanks.

regards

Correlation

Hey

regarding to the moving average correlation indicator the is a litle bug with example YEN pairs. i have another indicator which had same proble in money tec forum they corrected it with this code i set in below.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think a workaround might be to instead of having:

Code:

RP=Close; RP=RP*100; RP=MathCeil(RP); RP=RP/100;

to have instead:

Code:

RP=Close; RP=RP/Point/100; RP=MathCeil(RP); RP=RP*Point*100;

So that the scaling factor scales with the number of decimal points in the pair.

As you will see using /Point/100 for EURUSD is the same as *100 so at least the chart should look the same for EURUSD and like pairs.

USDJPY now looks ok too, so I'd guess it now works (not having gone too far into the intent of the indicator ).

------------------------------------------------------------------------

dos any 1 have a cluster on how or what to change so it can work with YEN pairs

sailor

All these great MTF indicators

I have been interested in the use of the AC_LSMA indicator.

I was wondering if anyone could convert it into a MTF indicator.

I have tried to figure it out, but have not been successful.

Could someone see if it can be done?

Thanks...

Bruce

Files:

StepMa_StockV1

Hi all,

Can someone please convert this indicator to a MultiFrame Please.

Many Thanks

Jorgka

Files:
Reason: