Swap Only EA - page 3

Beno:
Nikolaus

I am 99% sure the ea will blow up your account due to the lot size.

One thing i have been thinking about is a 1% close all so if the equity is 1% greater than Balance then close all position then start again the next day

What do you think

Could be worth a try.

It will save me babysitting the EA as it has a tendency to open many positions only to find the trend changing and thus finding the EA with a couple of dozen negative trades open.

The other thought I had was stopping the EA from opening more new trades when the free margin gets to a specified level. This is what I do manually. When the trend has reversed and the trades come to TP, the EA could again be allowed to trade. The EA can make money as it has gone from $2900 to $4,200 in for days on 7 pairs. All we have to do is work out a better MM strategy. May be some of the experienced gurus will help in time.

By the way, I can only make it work on any EUR... pair, it will not work on any other pair. Any ideas why that is?

Nik

Nikolaus:
Could be worth a try.

It will save me babysitting the EA as it has a tendency to open many positions only to find the trend changing and thus finding the EA with a couple of dozen negative trades open.

The other thought I had was stopping the EA from opening more new trades when the free margin gets to a specified level. This is what I do manually. When the trend has reversed and the trades come to TP, the EA could again be allowed to trade. The EA can make money as it has gone from $2900 to $4,200 in for days on 7 pairs. All we have to do is work out a better MM strategy. May be some of the experienced gurus will help in time.

By the way, I can only make it work on any EUR... pair, it will not work on any other pair. Any ideas why that is?

Nik

it will not work on a pair that has either 2 negative swaps or a zero

Beno:
The mm is a problem but, it is with most EA's the mqh file's are the risk elements 0.02 = 2% and the lot size would depend in the trailing stop which kicks in at the pairs individual Stoplevel have a look on the chart there will be a figure for the trailing Stop then check the pairs stoplevel they should be the same.

Where can I change the settings with the trailingstop?

Beno:
you might want to change up a time frame as on a 5 min TF you run the risk of opening 288 positions per day per pair that's if you account can open that many and none close out.

wich Time-Frame do you suggest?

Beno:
or you can just limit the number of total position with in the EA it is down to you.

I've limited the position size to 4 positions... It would better for testing this EA.....

there is know adjustment for the Trailing Stop

I would look at 1hr TF or above and that would depend in how many pairs you are trading.

if you have multiple pairs the EA will only open 4 positions in total

cheers

Beno

Obit:
This EA shows in the chart window "Trailing Stop is 20.0000"

Is it possible to edit this parameters?

Cause, in the last minutes there are huge volas.. an the open position for example went up to € 3,50.... some seconds later its closed. I look in the history.... Result + 2,10 €

I think, the huge trailing is the cause... but i'm not shure.....

PS:

sry about my bad english... I'm working on it

alpari are a 5 digit brokers but the ea has not been adjusted. i will have a look and see if i can change it

Swap-Trading possible?

Hello,

today I have watch on my trading results of tomorrow. I see that my

profit have a poorer performance concerning Swap. When is swap complicate

with the actually trading-positions? Is that always on a fixed moment?

Or go Swap activ, when I hold active Trades for a certain time?

Have all Brokers equal Swaps?

Is by a good positive Swap, trading possible, when I only make by reason of a swap a trade?

Thanks!

MKRoxton

I have added a several features to this EA

percentage gain exit

percentage loss exit

5 Digit

And set trading hours

Cheers

Beno

Files:
swap.mq4  19 kb
Reason: