General - page 33

Hello, I have updated my MT5 software on MacOS last week following a prompt to go to MQL5 website to download the last version of the software. I now face some serious issues which I will describe below and attach images. 1. Instead of opening my uusal MT5 app, it opens another instance which name
Hi; Does anyone know of a software installer that will allow me to install an EA, Preset file and template automatically in MT4? The files are all mine. So nothing shady going on here. I like to know of such a tool because I am planning on selling them. I tried creating a .bat file to do this, but
We have prepared special trading platform installers quite some time ago. The installer for macOS is a full-fledged wizard with which the app is installed seamlessly, just like a native one. For Linux, we provide a script that can be downloaded and launched with a single command. The installers
I have an offline 2min chart. My goal is to draw a line at the 50% mark of select candles. I seem to be unable to draw anything in the middle of the candle and be the size of the candle. 2 candle's width is the smallest I'm able to draw, or move the lines manually. Any suggestions? this is the goal
Is it possible to cross time frames in practical EA development? For example, I want to go long when both 1 hour and 4 hours are long, or short when both 5 minutes and 1 hour are short. Can the code be put into practice? There will be no problem with the program logic during backtesting
Hi, After 3 years immersed in a strategy, i was finally able to implement a code. I'm going to start writting here in order to record my analysis and evaluate the results. A friend asked for my opinion based on mu algorithm on ETH, but before i put my vision would be for this moment, i want to show
I’m trying to add crypto pairs to MT5’s demo account. Can someone please help me? Thank
Dear devs, I've purchased an indicator from another website. and I need to install it on MetaTrader 5 could you please help me install it ? Thank you Regards
are bitcoin charts that are on MetaTrader 5 or 4 available on tradingview.com and how can I find them ? Thank you . Regards
please... when I use Period() on h1 on mt5 why is the value different and not the same as mt4... on mt4 period_h1 is 60 while on mt5 it is 16385... please help
I've had great success with Freelance, but I hired someone that apparently is actually not 1 person but several in a group and they manage the programing between them. Well THIS group never was able to provide working code to specs and so I moved on. I requested to cancel and even given them the
Hi, I typically record my trading in excel (real time), and I've found that the result from my excel didn't match with MQL5. I discover that there are some duplicate list in my MQL trading records. I don't know how to contact support or recalculate it on MQL5. Please help
Hi. Anyone know why "Create Signal" Page cannot found the Private Checkbox ? I remember it should have a Checkbox with " This is my personal signal, not available to public. I can open/close public access to it anytime."
I've read about Buy Limits and Buy Stops but I'm having trouble putting that information into an example in my mind. Can someone give me an example of a Buy Limit order vs a Buy Stop order? Thank you
Hello community members! I am currently working on developing a bot for MT4 that can provide me with alerts whenever the BB_Alert Arrows indicator triggers a signal on a candlestick. I would greatly appreciate any help, insights, or guidance from experienced individuals in automating this process
hallo community, Help please, i installed a EA purchased in MQL5 market and it is working perfectly except i want to take a break from the trading platforms and decided to deactivate/remove the EA. To my surprise it still takes automatic trades although i deleted and cancelled everything to do with
[Deleted]
  I am trader  (2)
i am trader Seeking Assistance for Creating a Bot to Generate Alerts for Specific Arrows Indicator in MT5
Hello community members! I am currently working on developing a bot for MT4 that can provide me with alerts whenever the BB_Alert Arrows indicator triggers a signal on a candlestick. I would greatly appreciate any help This is the code
Greetings, I run Backtest and Forward Test for an EA using two different modellings ("Every Tick" and "Every Tick Based on Real Ticks") in MT5 and I got totally different results "Every Tick" modelling was in profit and "Every Tick Based on Real Ticks" was in loss ! Which one is more valid and why
Hi I'm facing an issue when trying to backtest in MetaTrader 4. I receive an error message that there is no tick history. I know that MetaTrader can automatically download tick data for the specified time period if it is not already available, but for some reason, it is no longer downloading the
i have been struggling to download meta trader 4 ,when ever i try this it redirects me to meta trade 5 can you help on instructions i do not intend to use a broker meta trader 4 instead i can choose once i have downloaded
when i login from MacOS MT5 desktop app I can select the company server , but when I login from web app ( https://www.mql5.com/en/ trading or https://trade.metatrader5.com/ terminal ) the field "server" is frozen and value "MetaQuotes-Demo" cannot be changed. This bug limits the access to your web
Hi, The documentation of SocketSend is really poor about the function behaviour : It says that the return value is the count of byte sent, but it does not say if it always 0 or the len of the buffer. Is there situation where this value could be different, and the socket still open ? And in this
I am trying to create an EA that utilizes 2 Bollinger Bands (one with 1 std and and another with 1.5 std) and i enter a position with a close below the bb(1 std) and markets price with a sl at the larger bb and a tp at the middle line , i wanna automatically modify the oder such that it moves the
  Keltner Channel  (74   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Hi. Anybody got Keltner Channel with deviation settings? I have keltner channel but unable to set the diviation. Any input would be grateful. Thanks
Please give me a hand: I can't log into the Multibank forex trader4 server, neither can I withdraw my money from that company. How could I do with the Multibank forex Company
Hey guys! I'm facing an issue with CopyBuffer specifically when using Strategy Tester on non-visual mode . Basically, in some occasions, it fills the target array with 0. This is no indicator problem - at least, that's what I think, because: 1 - On visual testing my EA works just fine; 2 - On
Hello coders. I am try to get how long the last closed position took in milliseconds, from entry to exit. The code below doesn't seem to produce what I want. Please advise. I am beginner in MQL5, so bear with me. struct DEALTIME{ long dealentryIn; long dealentryOut; }; DEALTIME time; int OnInit
Dear mwl members, please abandon your stupid update policy forcing users to updates. Today again all my running accounts were logged out with opened trades. Are you crazy??? Update costs me a lo of time since I need to restart 20 terminals and configuring aaaall EAs over and over again. Please stop
Hi there, I have recently upgraded to a mac studio mini running Sonoma 14.3; and am having an issue with MT5 connecting to the network (I assume this is my brokers server?), which is displayed down the bottom right hand corner of the app. I am unable to successfully log into my broker accounts