MQL5 Algo Trading community — forex forum for traders and developers

Has anyone here ever achieved real results using the classic risk/reward strategy of 1:2 / 1:3 / 1:5 or similar? Personally, from all the tests I've conducted over the years, I'm finding that the best strategy isn't necessarily to set the TP at a return that's at least double the SL, but to think in
Good afternoon, everyone, I know that there are machine learning and statistics enthusiasts on the forum. I propose to discuss in this topic (without holivars), share and enrich our own knowledge bank in this interesting field. For beginners and not only there is a good theoretical resource in
How do I change my VPS servers in MT5
How do do I filter the History Deals using position comment?....Please help fix the code int MaxConsecutiveLosses(){ HistorySelect ( 0 , TimeCurrent ()); int max_losses = 0 ; int current_losses = 0 ; // Get the total number of closed trades int total_trades =
My eyes are killing me. It's not as bad in mt4 cause everything is high contrast, but mt5 is stuck in the mid 2000's opaque fad and it's like I'm a senior citizen looking at a screen now. Everything is fuzzy for no reason and weak colors....really hard on the eyes. Please help
so i made some modifications to supertrend and added a way to track fair value gap, but for some reason, while the indicator does work in live charts, it doesnt in the strategy tester, and that makes it so that i can not backtest an EA that i made based on it. I checked and there are none of the
why in this part of code void CloseALLOrders() { // Aggiorna i tassi di cambio prima di chiudere gli ordini. //RefreshRates(); // Stampa nel terminale il totale degli ordini, attuali e passati. Print ( OrdersTotal ()); // Avvia un loop per scansionare tutti gli ordini. // Il loop
Can anybody help with either the solution of how to update and change an incorrect email address in a profile so it can go through the two stage verification process or be able to share an actual contact email address that links you to a real person within the MQL5 world, instead of the dumbest
hello had some money in my account wich i requested to withdraw! they gave me the money back but also they closed my account so offcourse no longer have acces to my purchased indicators! how can i get acces to them or get a refund? regards
Hi all!, I've coded an mql5 EA, it works all good in my PC, still when uploading it a test is run and says no trades taken, invalid volume(=0) so wierd, any advice??? thanks
When optimizing ea in MT5 strategy tester for the best results for inputs into ea - MA, RSI, TP, SL, Trailing, etc. for the previous 3 weeks (as an example) on Slow Complete algorithm, do optimizations results skewed towards the end of the 3rd(last) week of the optimizations period or results
hi i have declare in top of script this code input int OnOffChiusuraAuto= 0 ; but why when i try to chage return me 'OnOffChiusuraAuto' - constant cannot be modified SPREAD_ROBOT.mq5 297 9 but is variable not constant o_O
Hi there, Does anyone knows how to combine multiple MT5 reports? To check on correlation etc
  live chat  (1)
how i can live chat with mql5 support or how i can email him
  Signal Disabled  (1)
Can anyone suggest why trading signal got disabled with a notification of inactivity detected but there is many recent trades already taken previous day of disabling of signal. how to fix the issue
I need a false entry script, where can i get one
Good day dear forum members. After reading the forum a bit, I came across several threads on arbitrage and pair trading . Judging by the threads, some are interested and some are trying it. I used to dabble in this topic a long time ago, but my knowledge was not enough. Now I am a complete mess in
What is the difference Average down forex strategy vs buying coin crypto
Hi! I'm considering to build a portfolio of diversified forex pairs to be traded with an EA, my account currency being USD ( IC markets and Eightcap as brokers) E.g. I'm thinking of EURUSD, GBPUSD as main pairs and AUDCAD, NZDCHF for diversification purposes as an example. Though, wouldn't this
Is there a proper order in which Include files should be loaded? Some special order to prevent conflicts? Why do I ask? I thought something I was reading mentioned it momentarily. I cannot re-locate the reference, but it left a concern in my mind. Any problem with this
Hi everyone, i tried to build a mql5 function that close an order by a magic number input. Below I insert the code of the function. void Close_Position_MN( ulong magicNumber) { int total = PositionsTotal (); for ( int i
I just started this thread as a continuation of the talking made on this topic (we can read it). Or ...to make it shorter: it was some discussion about forecasting/predicting of the next candle or direction of the movement or market condition evaluation. And it was around standard indiocators in
int Consecutive( int Count) { //--- int BB = 0 ; for ( int i = 1 ; i <= Count; i++) { if ( iClose ( _Symbol , PERIOD_H1 , i) - iOpen ( _Symbol , PERIOD_H1 , i) > 0 ) { BB++; } else { BB--; } } //--- return (BB); } Besides using
Hello everyone, I am running a python code to trade on mt5 IC markets and Fusion Markets. I want to know what should I do, where to run the code to have the least latency, currently running the code in equinix NY, where they both have a server but still its slow. It shows 0.5ms in the bottom right
This thread won't be about a question or problem, but rather about the anouncement of the presentation and documentation of an exciting trading concept. I plan to do a series of postings here in order to keep you guys updated. Anybody who has an opinion on the topic, please don't hesitate to comment...
  Volatility Expansion system!  (160   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
There are so many systems out here based on indicators and it takes so much time to go through all of them to see which one deserves merit,I simply did not feel like adding one more. However most are indicator based and lagging indicators make it difficult to really simplify trading decisions and
Hello, i need create backtest with MA, MACD and Stochastic indicators on daily historical data BTC/USD. I created custom symbol based from EUR/USD and than I changed them to BTC/USD. AFter that I imported the daily historical data to the current symbol. But if I try to make simple backtest than I
Hi everyone, I need support because I'm noticing a problem with my custom indicator. The indicator provides me with a KPI that updates for each new bar. I based an expert on it who, based on the value of the previous bar compared to the current one, must do or not do operations. I had the doubt that
  Something Interesting to Read  (131   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
This is the thread about books related for stocks, forex, financial market and economics. Please make a post about books with possible cover image, short description and official link to buy (amazon for example). Posts without books' presentation, without official link to buy and with refferal links...
  Mr.Nims, Renko Ashi Scalping System.  (3550   1 2 3 4 5 ... 354 355)
Renko Ashi Trading System 2 Please read the pdf manual for this system. Good luck everyone. PS: Reuploaded the fixed ma in applied price indicator. Special thanks to FXchaser PS: Reuploaded the fixed macd alert indicator. Special thanks to Puzzlebird PS: Reuploaded a Special Settings Template for...
I'm trying to figure out if I can have a list of all my trades for the same utensils separate rather than one bulk position in the tool box/terminal box. Is this even possible? Thanks
Bitcoin vs USD January-March 2017 Forecast: key resistance level at 850.15 to be broken for the bullish trend to be continuing Weekly (W1) price is located above Ichimoku cloud in the bullish area of the chart. The price is on ranging within the following support/resistance levels: 850.15...
  Forecast and levels for S&P 500  (474   1 2 3 4 5 ... 47 48)
S&P 500 January-March 2017 Forecast: long-term bullish ranging within the narrow s/r levels for direction W1 price is located far above Ichimoku cloud in the bullish area of the chart. The price is on ranging within the following narrow support/resistance levels for the bullish trend to be resumed...
On which MT5 platform can I find the S&P 500, Nasdaq, and Dow Jones index? It's not the type of CFD, it's the real S&P 500, Nasdaq, and Dow Jones indices on the exchange
Hello all, I have a few questions for anyone with knowledge and/or experience trading futures. Any input would be greatly appreciated. From experience scalping in live market conditions, how does slippage and spread compare to trading CFD in markets such as FX? Is there a notable difference, and
how to know which of the trade/stock has the highest volume/most gain
  Forecast and levels for Dax Index  (76   1 2 3 4 5 ... 7 8)
Dax Index January-March 2017 Forecast: flat within bullish with key resistance at 11,649 W1 price is located above Ichimoku cloud in the bullish area of the chart. The price broke 11,485 level to above on close weekly bar with 11,649 as a nearest bullish target to re-enter. Thus, the weekly price is...
The indices market is extremely slow these days and I'm not seeing many trading opportunities... The VIX is at 12.25 right now, what do you do when VIX is this low? Do you switch to other markets or do you just take a break? Also curious about Forex traders, are you seeing a similar problem
  Forecast and levels for CAC 40  (31   1 2 3 4)
CAC 40 January-March 2017 Forecast: bullish with key resistance at 4924.69 W1 price is located above Ichimoku cloud in the bullish area of the chart. The price broke 4860.85 resistance level to above on close weekly bar with 4924.69 as a nearest bullish target to re-enter. Thus, the weekly price is...
  HFT Stock Manipulation In Action  (125   1 2 3 4 5 ... 12 13)
Trading has a few simple rules - do the opposite of Goldman's Thomas Stolper; don't fight the Fed; and buy low, sell high. However, as this series of charts from Nanex shows, it is the latter rule that is the easiest to comprehend and yet - thanks to massive and obvious HFT manipulation - is an...
I would like to build futures trading mql robot (mostly focus on oil but other commodities interesting also). Unfortunately it's problem to gain hist. futures data, what's necessary for backtesting. So, I wish to ask: perhaps somebody knows where to receive ticks expired futures
Hi, I have recently started learning MQL5 language and all the tutorials are only focused on Forex market. I have been trading Futures contracts(manually) with <Deleted>. So, my question is If i keep learning Mql5 language, will I be able to develop EA for Futures market(with <Deleted>)? Thank you
  Welcome to the new section!  (15   1 2)
Inspired by comments and reviews received from MQL5.community members, we have added a new forum section called "Trading stocks, futures, options and other exchange instruments". Share your ideas and trading experience with the website visitors. Reach out to MetaTrader 5 developers if you have...
  Forecast and levels for Nikkei  (44   1 2 3 4 5)
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies Press review Sergey Golubev, 2016.12.24 17:18 Nikkei Q1 2017 Fundamental Forecast: Bullish (based on the article) Fundamental Analysis  "The Bank of Japan has been buying stocks for over two years now. And in September, the...
I want to demo Options board on MT5 but cant find ANY one who offers it? Where can i try the MT5 options board? Who is currently demo/ real trading with MT5 options platform? its ridiculous i cant find ANY information on how to actually do it/ who offers it. Its almost as if it doesnt exist/ noone
hi guys how can substitute OrderType() in mql5 ? thanks
Cracked desktop version with Premium plan. Free. TradingView is a charting platform used by 60M+ traders and investors worldwide to spot opportunities across global markets. The Gold Edition(GE) includes additional features for professional investors: 12 charts per tab 35 indicators per chart 30K
Hi everyone Ive been playing around with a lot of EAs for some weeks now until I decided to test the Quantum Emperor EA today. I used the demo to backtest and the results were... too good to be true Checking the reviews and comments it seems that this guy bribes ppl who blew their account by giving
Looking at the journal, you can see it is trying to modify the same position with the same SL and TP every tick: 2024.05.23 13:15:36.661 2024.05.01 21:00:58 order performed buy 1 at 1.06904 [#6 buy 1 EURUSD at 1.06904] 2024.05.23 13:15:36.663 2024.05.01 21:00:58 CTrade::OrderSend: market buy 1.00
Hi , i try to look if exist a oreder all close , i find many article but all example have this include #include <Trade\PositionInfo.mqh> #include <Trade\Trade.mqh> but where i find this library ? thanks
Hi Please help me out to debug problem/error in my code. I am getting different values for Highest and Lowest prices, though the data set is for the same period. The CurrOpen, PrevOpen and PrevClose are calculated correctly on each NewH01 bar, but Highest/Lowest prices are changed. Relevant section
Hi, Is it possible to add more than one EA to a single chart ? When I try, MT5 always remove the already installed EA... why this limitation ? Thanks! Erwann
So it seems that that 'classic' way to calculate ATR stoploss can fall apart depending on the brokers configuration for a <symbol> double CalcLots( double PctEquityX, double SlDistanceX){ double ticksize = SymbolInfoDouble ( _Symbol , SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_SIZE ); //<-- Smallest px increment
Goal to get new specified Forex Session start-end times in CPRSession[] ... (Code in ' bold' letters) ForexSession are calculated and populated in cFxSession[day][sessionID] and arrayprint used to display calculated values. CPRSession[] is created to get particular sessionID start-end times (Broker
Hey guys, So, I have made a very simple EA, which does exceptionally well in backtesting (on some forex pairs. Not all, ofcourse - makes sense). In backtest, it makes approximately 1 trade per day - give or take. Although more forwardtesting needs to be done, it seems to do equally well when trading
  History deals  (4)
Hello. I want to get the number of consecutive losses from the history but I want to filter the deals by comment" ". So I noticed that the DEAL_ENTRY_IN has different comment from DEAL_ENTRY_OUT. So how do I retrieve the information? Code below int MaxConsecutiveLosses(){ HistorySelect ( 0
Hey everyone just wondering what peoples opinions are, I’ve come across this strategy quant program and the "quant analyzer" part of it looks pretty cool for doing the Monte Carlo optimizations.. I’ve been having trouble get good results in live markets even after getting good back & forward tests
Hi guys, I'm coding a range breakout strategy, and as the title says, I'm having difficulty with the that particular problem
Hello, what happened to http://ec.forexprostools.com/ this link is not commercial neither advert I dont see why moderator should delete it. I am trying to access the rss news feed on the link above but I am getting " You don't have permission to access / on this server. " what is the new alternarive
I've got an indicator that's very similar to other indicators I've written, all of them running super-simple algorithms (90% of the code or more is just about getting the data in) that calculate the slope of another indicator's values between two bars, a simple Y2 - Y1 for a user-selectable period
Wish all happy beginning of the week. I have following structure and want to use its information in the Indicator Buffer(s). To my understanding indicator buffers are allowed only of 'double' type. Is there any work around to what I want to achieve? struct SFxSession { CENUM_FxSESSION_ID
A few years ago, I found a very strange phenomenon in the process of writing MT5 indicators ->> Let me first talk about my code entry process: 1. The refresh of controls written by MT5 will flicker. When I started writing the trading assistant panel, I found that when I used the CANVAS sketchpad to
Hey guys, I have the following problem and it seem I am not the only one. I cannot change the colors of indicators. I can change text in a text field , but if I double click the color fields, nothing changes. No menu appears. It is with all indicators. What is the solution? Thanks
Hi Does anyone know of an order flow volume indicator for MT4 that shows the buyers and sellers within each bar like this one for Ninjatrader?
Hi all, For some strange reason, the buffer wd[i] returns INF indefinitely. Ive normalized the digits but its still giving an INF value. Can someone pinpoint the error in the code? Will be greatly appreciated. Thank you. int i = ( int ) MathMax (prev_calculated- 1 , 1 ); for (; i<rates_total; i++){
This was introduced in a recent update, didn't used to work like this. When I'm debugging, I'm focused on the problem at hand. Filling the screen with variables that are irrelevant to the problem just amounts to noise. I delete all the ones I don't want, but the very next F10 puts them all right
  Tick Indicator and EAs  (244   1 2 3 4 5 ... 24 25)
hi, a cool indicator Tick_on_Chart i all TimeFrames :cool: only Live Tick !!!
I would like to use the classes derived from CIndicator (CiMA, CiStochastic etc) but have had no success. The code below always shows DBL_MAX #include <Indicators/trend.mqh>CiMA extMA;int OnInit()&nbsp;&nbsp;{ extMA.Create(Symbol(),Period(),10,0,MODE_SMA,PRICE_CLOSE);...
Good Morning Please I would like to know what code to type for putting a MA on Stochastic indicator . I want a MA that will be in the second indicator windows with the stochastic indicator. And when the MA will crossover and close below the sell zone or the buy zone of the stochastic indicator it
I'm just genuinely interested in your opinion. What is it which makes an indicator a freebie, and what is it which makes an indicator have a cost attached to it
I'm talking about oscillator based indicators, and by normalization I mean that the plot is in a stable range and the 0.00 level remains directly in the center of the window. My knowledge is limited on this, but I figured out that if you have a plot ranging from a negative value to a positive value
The follow indicator was modified to works in MTF But it makes the graphic slow and freeze Any body have a ideia how to avoid it ? #property copyright "Copyright © 2015" //---- indicator version number #property version "1.00" //---- drawing the indicator in the main window #property
I've seen one for mt4 which I use and it's really nice and simple and even free. Just surprised I can't find the same for mt5. Anyone know of one
For an indicator that was not how it was described I have politely asked the seller ... no response
Check out the new article: Population optimization algorithms: Binary Genetic Algorithm (BGA). Part II . In this article, we will look at the binary genetic algorithm (BGA), which models the natural processes that occur in the genetic material of living things in nature. The development of the
Check out the new article: Developing a multi-currency Expert Advisor (Part 1): Collaboration of several trading strategies . There are quite a lot of different trading strategies. So, it might be useful to apply several strategies working in parallel to diversify risks and increase the stability of
Check out the new article: Neural networks made easy (Part 48): Methods for reducing overestimation of Q-function values . In the previous article, we introduced the DDPG method, which allows training models in a continuous action space. However, like other Q-learning methods, DDPG is prone to
Examples from the book "Neural networks for algorithmic trading with MQL5" : The book "Neural networks in algorithmic trading with MQL5" is a comprehensive guide, covering both the theoretical foundations of artificial intelligence and neural networks and practical aspects of their application in
TradeStatisticsPanel: The panel for the display of statistical parameters calculated based on the trade history. Author: Andrey Voytenko  
Check out the new article: Learn how to trade the Fair Value Gap (FVG)/Imbalances step-by-step: A Smart Money concept approach . A step-by-step guide to creating and implementing an automated trading algorithm in MQL5 based on the Fair Value Gap (FVG) trading strategy. A detailed tutorial on
  Indicators: iForexSessions  (62   1 2 3 4 5 6 7)
iForexSessions : Highlights the Forex Market Sessions (Sydney, Tokyo, London, New York). Author: amrali
Grid EA Pro : A professional Grid advisor works according to RSI ( Relative Strength Index ) indicators. And has the function of Reducing the Drawdown on the account by overlapping unprofitable orders. The chart displays information about the profit. It can be a very useful tool, For manual trading
Hello dev. I wanted to make a bot that interacts with an API i built . Only issue is that WebRequest keeps returning -1. Whet i run the same code in mt5 it is able to GET data from the API. I have googled and rummaged through other peoples code to no avail. I am guessing the issue is in the code of
Check out the new article: MQL5 Wizard Techniques you should know (Part 20): Symbolic Regression . Symbolic Regression is a form of regression that starts with minimal to no assumptions on what the underlying model that maps the sets of data under study would look like. Even though it can be
Trap News MT5 : Script For Trap News High Impact Author: reza rahmad
Check out the new article: Triangular arbitrage with predictions . This article simplifies triangular arbitrage, showing you how to use predictions and specialized software to trade currencies smarter, even if you're new to the market. Ready to trade with expertise? Arbitrage is very curious, it's
Trade History Marker : This script will mark trades with arrows and lines Author: Chamal Abayarathne
Check out the new article: Python, ONNX and MetaTrader 5: Creating a RandomForest model with RobustScaler and PolynomialFeatures data preprocessing . In this article, we will create a random forest model in Python, train the model, and save it as an ONNX pipeline with data preprocessing. After that
Check out the new article: Neural networks made easy (Part 69): Density-based support constraint for the behavioral policy (SPOT) . In offline learning, we use a fixed dataset, which limits the coverage of environmental diversity. During the learning process, our Agent can generate actions beyond
I want to keep saving a value for Zigzag indicator and save it as a buffer
Hi I have built two basic indicators today for my own use but I cannot finish them due to 4/5 red lines that I have tried many scenarios with no avail what do I need to put in the following boxes Copyright Link Version Atrict indicator chart window It may seem obivious to some I know but nothing
Hi I just started in debug mode in a script just this: long    Ch01 = ChartFirst(),        ChMe = ChartID();long    ChNx = ChartNext(ChMe); and get: Ch01:130395223288765087 longChMe:130370193351027474 longChNx:-1 long I expect s.th. like 0, 3, -1 it is the last Chart?? What is meant with ID of...
Hello All. I want to hide the color and Viisulization TAB in the custom Indicator as its not being used. it it possible to do in MT4? Thanks
The MetaTrader 4 update will be released on Friday, May 24, 2024. This version provides important security improvements, error fixes, and platform stability enhancements. The update will be available through the Live Update system
  Previous Bar Trailing Stop  (43   1 2 3 4 5)
Hi, has anyone a trailing stop EA which moves the stop to the previous bar's low/high? Thank you!!
Hello, I recently realized that my code for detecting moving average crossovers was not perfect. Instead, it is the classic code that is generally used by EAs. Here is an example for US30 (backtested in visual mode in order to see the values ​​of the moving averages at each bar opening): - At point
Hello friends, I am trying to run function at the time I need, but function ignoring the given time. bool IsBelowMA() { double Time_S = Hour() + Minute() / 100.0 ; // Ensure the function executes only after Time_Start if (Time_S >= Time_Start) { for ( int i = 0 ; i <
Hello, I am interested to rent the MetaTrader VPS mainly to get Push Notifications from an indicator I developed. I tested it and I get push notifications on my mobile from the MT4 I run on my computer. I would like to now if the push notifications system works over the MetaTrader VPS before renting
Hello, I want to know can MT4 send WebRequest to a server or website directly like MT5 or I need to build a .dll file to do that
I’ve opened and closed traders that I have seen drawdown 5% or so. Why is this not showing when I download the detailed statement of the account
Hi guys im doing this EA but using date, time and timezone confuses me. Can you help me make a function that will return true if its New York Session or return true if its the first 3hours of New York Session? Thank you so much :)
Hello, I'm tryng to show png image on the chart when i do run the EA, below the related script: int init() { ShowImage( "image.png" , 0 , 0 ); return INIT_SUCCEEDED ; } void OnDeinit ( const int reason) { ObjectDelete ( "ChartImage" ); } void ShowImage( string imageName, int xOffset
As mentioned in subject: I've already created two Demo Accounts using Forex.com's "Create a MetaTrader 4 Account". Each time, I receive an email with the following info: ***************************** Username: xxxxxxxx Password: XXxxxxxxxx ***************************** and the following info
You may have already noticed that the most interesting things now happen mainly on the MQL5.community. MQL4.com is about to be switched to the data archive mode. Only Book and Documentation sections will remain on MQL4.com by November. Besides, the entire MQL4.com Forum content is to be transferred...