Gaps EA

Hi,

Gaps EA need improvements.

If the gap is greater or equal than 3 pips, it will open an order. The TP is determined from the gap too. If it is higher than 6 pips, TP will be set 3 pips as the last three trades said. Otherwise TP remains 1 pip. I bet that this EA will not place TP that is higher than 3 pips. The gaps occurs when prices jump in response to sudden imbalance of buy or sell orders.

Bongo

Files:
gaps.mq4  4 kb

Needs a cloaked stop loss.. Coz most brokers dont accept the standard stops.

Bongo tell me about StopLoss. How is the set up for SL?

Static or dynamic? With ATR?

thanks

Bolla

That is up to you...

B.

Not good on backtest, anyway.

Bongo:
Hi,

Gaps EA need improvements.

If the gap is greater or equal than 3 pips, it will open an order. The TP is determined from the gap too. If it is higher than 6 pips, TP will be set 3 pips as the last three trades said. Otherwise TP remains 1 pip. I bet that this EA will not place TP that is higher than 3 pips. The gaps occurs when prices jump in response to sudden imbalance of buy or sell orders.

Bongo

Dear Bongo,

Could you please contact me at my private mailbox (send me an empty email message so I can contact you)

meteurt7@yahoo.com

I have some questions about your EAs?

Rgds

Meteurt7

I would not even bother with trying to pick up 1 or 3 pips, that's like running in front of the bus trying to pick up a quarter off the ground.

You have the right idea though, trying to exploit a temporary imbalance in the system. You just are not implementing it with enough scientific sophistication that will allow it to be profitable.

Reason: