Drummond Geometry ,PLDOT

no longer relevant

system

bubble:
Some time ago i came across this pdf based on drummond geometry which uses a pldot to plot future likely movement.

There is a formula in the pdf for the PLDOT and a good explanation on how to use it.

I havent seen this subject tackled on any other forum and thought it looked quite interesting .

Would any one be interested in making the indicator,it looks quite simple from the formula, and maybe from there we could build a system.

Hey bubble why dont you ask codersguru to build it .good stuff man

Haven`t read it, only took a glance, but looks nice. Not sure it will look the same on forex, as on theese picked up charts, but definently worth coding. Hope someone of the programs will do it.

Anyways It is really iteresing seeing people trying to adopt different physical and feometrycal theories to forex, and it is yet more interesting if they work in some way. Makes you think about things.

Indicator

Try this indicator. It looks OK to me.

Files:
pldot.mq4  3 kb

pldot

saslam:
Try this indicator. It looks OK to me.

Thanks man ,I look good ,Audio

I researched Drummond and PLdot etc a few months back. I tried to create the indicator on some charts I was using at the time and had some moderate success in doing so. One of the things I liked was being able to actually see the dot. Is the dot not in the indicator provided in this thread or are my settings just wrong so I cannot see it? If it's not part of the indicator would it be possible for someone to program it? It would just be a nice visual.

I am seeing some good possibilities of incorporating this into a method I am developing.

Thank you,

~Nebula

Here is the dot version...

Files:
pldot.mq4  3 kb

After doing some research, I think I found the way when to enter to the position. I combined the PLdot and MACD(5,34,10) together. I only trade when the MACD value and signal crossed, but the PLdot gives me the signal if the MACD cross is valid. See the image. I also attached the two indicators I use.

Files:
pldot_1.mq4  3 kb
drummond.jpg  170 kb

So is this kind of similar to a MacD/Psar type system except with PLDot? that could be interesting.....I'll take a look.

Nebula

elihayun

After doing some research, I think I found the way when to enter to the position. I combined the PLdot and MACD(5,34,10) together. I only trade when the MACD value and signal crossed, but the PLdot gives me the signal if the MACD cross is valid. See the image. I also attached the two indicators I use.

Could u pls send the line cross indicator of MACD which is on the down part of the image .......thanks

Be my guest. U can change the parameter to show histogram as well.

Files:
macd.mq4  3 kb
Reason: