XP Moving Average!

XP Moving Average:

I'm one of Moving Average loyal fans, I like all the types of well known Moving Average:

Simple moving average, Exponential moving average, Smoothed moving average, Linear weighted moving average, Double Exponential Moving Average, Triple Exponential Moving Average and T3 Moving Average.

(Please read the settings page)

I like too see the Moving Average Indicator changes its color according to its direction (like red for up and blue for down).

But where to find such XP Moving Average?? I didn't find it, I created it to enjoy it together!

History (I don't remember the dates and time):

• Current version is version 4! But the name of the indicator still called xpMA.mq4!
  • Version 1 was repainting the past now it's not!
  • Added: Debug mode option which when you turn it on it will take screen shots of every tick to be proof that the indicator doesn't print the past.
  • Added: Moving Average type 7 JMA.
  • Added: Arrows upon color changes.
  • Added Sound Alert upon color changes.
  • Changed: The method of changing the color upon the direction change.
  • Added: Signal buffer added to make it easy to make an EA based on the xpMA (-1 means sell signal, 1 means buy signal and 0 means nothing).

Note: the T3MA.mq4 and JMA.mq4 (included) are required files for the Moving Average type 6 and 7.

Please update your xpMA Indicator and xpMA EA versions form here:

xpMA Indicator

xpMA EA

------------------------------------------------------

Files:
xpma.zip  7 kb

I'm ready to play!

Hi can't seem to download your T3MA.mq4 - any suggestions or can you drop it in here? I like simple, exponential and moving averages that have been shifted by 0.5 SD especially in conjunction with RVI and the Inverse Fisher of RSI. I'll play with it manually and report back in a few days if you can help with the T3. Thanks.

When does the line change color? Before, during or after the bar closes? I am trying to backtest the indicator and cannot figure out when it changes color.

Thank you.

codersguru:
Give it a tryand give me a comment! www.xpworx.com/XP Moving Average.htm

Xpma

codersguru:

Hi Codersguru,

Excellent for 4H and 1H timeframes in GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY with settings 34,2,0,0.8.

Very interesting either by itself or in combination with a SATL for trend filtering and even for entry/exit.

Since one image is worth one thousand words,please see attached pictures .

Congratulations for your excellent indicators.

Regards.

SIMBA

Files:
xpma1h.gif  29 kb
xpma4h.gif  34 kb

Simba, thank you for these changes; do you happen to know when the color of the bar changes? In looking at charts for backtesting, it appears that the color changes immediately before significant moves, but I am thinking that in live viewing of the charts the color won't change until the move already happens.

SIMBA:
Hi Codersguru,

Excellent for 4H and 1H timeframes in GBPUSD,USDCHF,USDJPY with settings 34,2,0,0.8.

Very interesting either by itself or in combination with a SATL for trend filtering and even for entry/exit.

Since one image is worth one thousand words,please see attached pictures .

Congratulations for your excellent indicators.

Regards.

SIMBA

Codersguru

Thanks for your indicator but T3 MA link is not working

T3ma

Tragapips:
Codersguru Thanks for your indicator but T3 MA link is not working

Thanks!

Please try now!

Tragapips:
Codersguru Thanks for your indicator but T3 MA link is not working

Hi Tragapips and Mikejody

1-TRAGAPIPS,I have attached a copy of T3.mq4 and T3MA.mq4,hope they solve your problem,just save them in "experts>>indicators" then compile them and you should be set and ready to work with XPMA.Please see the attachment.

2-MIKEJODY:I do not know exactly,but have tried this XPMA indicator in lower timefranes-to see if it repaints or not- and I do not think it repaints the past.I think it is a very accurate trend filter for the 1h/4h timeframes.Anyway Codersguru is the person that can best answer your query.

Best Regards.

SIMBA

Files:
t3ma.mq4  3 kb
t3.mq4  3 kb

Thanks much for this Simba. I'm not really referring to repaining as much as to when the bar actually paints. For instance, before a huge move down (probably at news time) the color of the indicator before that huge move down will be red. If this truly turned red before the actual price dropped it would be wonderful, but I am thinking that the color of the indicator, when trading live, does not actually change to red until the next bar is making its move down. This is what I am referring to.

Thank you again.

SIMBA:
Hi Tragapips and Mikejody

1-TRAGAPIPS,I have attached a copy of T3.mq4 and T3MA.mq4,hope they solve your problem,just save them in "experts>>indicators" then compile them and you should be set and ready to work with XPMA.Please see the attachment.

2-MIKEJODY:I do not know exactly,but have tried this XPMA indicator in lower timefranes-to see if it repaints or not- and I do not think it repaints the past.I think it is a very accurate trend filter for the 1h/4h timeframes.Anyway Codersguru is the person that can best answer your query.

Best Regards.

SIMBA

codersguru:

Excellent. Pretty useful for manual trading. Thanks a lot

Settings!

Settings details are here:

http://www.xpworx.com/XP

Reason: