New Firebird EA

I started here a new fresh thread about further improvement based on Firebird EA v0.63G engine that seems actually the best version ever made with incredible performance tested by a lot of users in old post.

How it works Firebird ?

Firebird calculates a 10 day SMA and then shifts it up and down based on a percentage to form a channel. For the calculation of this SMA either close (more trades) or H+L (safer trades) is used. When the price breaks a band a postion in the opposite of the current trend is taken. If the position goes against us we simply open an extra position to average (pipstep function).

To avoid enter a trade while a strong trend is in place a divergence function is used that is calculated as difference between a Faster SMA (by default set to 23) and a Slower SMA (by default set to 84).

Mono's Firebird Settings

Contains two versions of preset files that seems to works better. All on M1 timeframe:

1) Fixed setting: Fixed tp=30, sl=300, pipstep=30 for all pairs.

2) Variable setting: Different setting for each pair based on average daily range (in pips). Take profit (TP), Stop loss (LS) and PipStep are calculated with these formulas:

TP = Daily Avg Range times 2 divided by 10 , SL = Daily Avg Range times 2, PipStep = Daily Avg Range divided by 10

EUR/USD TP=22 SL=220 PIPSTEP=11 (Daily Avg Range = 110)

GBP/USD TP=30 SL=300 PIPSTEP=15 (Daily Avg Range = 150)

USD/CHF TP=25 SL=250 PIPSTEP=12 (Daily Avg Range = 125)

EUR/JPY TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 105)

USD/JPY TP=20 SL=200 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 100)

USD/CAD TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 105)

AUD/USD TP=16 SL=160 PIPSTEP=8 (Daily Avg Range = 80)

EUR/CHF TP=10 SL=100 PIPSTEP=5 (Daily Avg Range = 50)

EUR/GBP TP=9 SL=90 PIPSTEP=5 (Daily Avg Range = 45)

AUD/JPY TP=15 SL=150 PIPSTEP=7 (Daily Avg Range = 75)

Let the Forward Testing Begin!

Hi new here, do I have to load the presets also onto the folder presets in metatrader4?After which what do i need to do to load? Just EA?

The result seem to have a loss of $1K+ as from the attachment. Is the setting given before or after the test run?

hi holyguy

u r new version of the EA looks interesting to me as i'm ussing the FB EA on my real account*v65 wih tf)so i did analisis on u r statemnent for each pair and here is the result.i hope these help to improve the EA.

USDCHF

Eurusd

EURUSD

Gbpusd

GBPUSD

Usdjpy

Cable is best dropped, and possibly JPY crosses.

Thread from Forex Factory

Copied---------

Firebird EA - fixed version -

Hi Firebirders !

I started here a new fresh thread about further improvement based on Firebird EA v0.63G engine that seems actually the best version ever made with incredible performance tested by a lot of users in old post.

I will try, as much as i can, to update regularly this first post so every news,settings,fix will be written here.

I wish to thanks to all users that in old thread help to improve Firebird in particular Mono for testing and sharing his result and setting to FF users.

(taken from EA code)

Firebird calculates a 10 day SMA and then shifts it up and down based on a percentage to form a channel.

For the calculation of this SMA either close (more trades) or H+L (safer trades) is used.

When the price breaks a band a postion in the opposite of the current trend is taken. If the position goes against us we simply open an extra position to average (pipstep function).

To avoid enter a trade while a strong trend is in place a divergence function is used that is calculated as difference between a Faster SMA (by default set to 23) and a Slower SMA (by default set to 84).

* Firebird v0.63g :

- Our loved EA This version it seems to be a pips machine , implement pipstep to average position and divergence to avoid strong trend.

* Firebird v1.0a :

- Based on Firebird v0.63g engine.

- Fixed bug that prevent to all JPY pairs to enter often a trade due to a calculation error on divergence function.

- Removed looping print about Account Equity on Expert tab.

- Deleted override settings if you use TF30 timeframe chart.

*Firebird v1.0c (modified by Wackena)

- Average daily range calculated automatically using ATR on past 21 days, there is no more need to setup manually StopLoss,TakeProfit and Pipstep, they are all calculated automatically.

- Added Money Management routine. If you want to manually set lot size, set UseMM=0(false)

- Added MaxOpenOrders routine to add control as to max number of open orders at one time per pair. If not wanted, set MaxOpenOrders=10.

- Added Trailing stop function

[Firebird Settings (based on Mono's settings)]

- Firebird_settings_v1.0.zip : Contains two versions of preset files that seems to works better :

1) Mono's fixed setting (Mono_settings_fixed_v1.0.zip): Fixed tp=30, sl=300, pipstep=30 for all pairs

2) Mono's variable setting (Mono_settings_variable_v1.0.zip) : different setting for each pair based on average daily range (in pips). Take profit (TP), Stop loss (LS) and PipStep are calculated with these formulas :

TP = Daily Avg Range*2/10 , SL = Daily Avg Range*2 , PipStep = Daily Avg Range/10

EUR/USD TP=22 SL=220 PIPSTEP=11 (Daily Avg Range = 110)

GBP/USD TP=30 SL=300 PIPSTEP=15 (Daily Avg Range = 150)

USD/CHF TP=25 SL=250 PIPSTEP=12 (Daily Avg Range = 125)

EUR/JPY TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 105)

USD/JPY TP=20 SL=200 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 100)

USD/CAD TP=21 SL=210 PIPSTEP=10 (Daily Avg Range = 105)

AUD/USD TP=16 SL=160 PIPSTEP=8 (Daily Avg Range = 80)

EUR/CHF TP=10 SL=100 PIPSTEP=5 (Daily Avg Range = 50)

EUR/GBP TP=9 SL=90 PIPSTEP=5 (Daily Avg Range = 45)

AUD/JPY TP=15 SL=150 PIPSTEP=7 (Daily Avg Range = 75)

* Mono's chart time frame : M1 (1 minute chart)

Attached Files

File Type: zip Firebird_v1.0a.zip (22.6 KB, 178 views)

File Type: zip Firebird_settings_v1.0.zip (1.6 KB, 150 views)

File Type: zip Firebird_indicator.zip (3.2 KB, 55 views)

May the PIPS be with you...

Copied---------

There are now three solid versions of firebird in the thread on Forex Factory now.

a----what you see is what you get as far as all the settings

b----is supposed to have a hedging function to control high float

c----is supposed to automatically calculate tp,sl,pipstep,trailing stop values

I haven't tested any of these versions yet, I'm just posting all the versions so people know the different features on them as they may produce drastically different results.

Kamyar,

I like the backtest program you are using. Where did you get it?

R,

AlanD

Reason: