Bollinger Band Programming Help Help

How come with the bands indicator, I can adjust the deviation to lets say 1.7 versus 2.0, but when I program the same, it will not recognize a deviation of the bands of 1.7. Instead it reads it at 1.

I used the extern double BandsDeviation = 2.0; and then changed it to 1.7, but the programming is triggering as if the BandsDeviation = 1.0???

Please help me somebody!!

Dave

<

Hi Dave,

Could you post the entire code here (or attach the file)? May be you are using the "iBands" and, as far as I know, the iBands works only with integer deviation (not double).

Bye.

Ibands

You are correct, it is using IBANDS. Is there anyway to rewrite this phrase (Get around this limitation) to be able to use 1.7 Deviation?

BB_High = iBands (NULL,0,BandsPeriod, BandsDeviation, Bandshift, AppliedPrice, MODE_Upper, Bar );

I would be in your debt!

Dave

<

I might have it, instead of using iBands, use iCustom etc. etc.

I will see if it will work!

Dave

<

It doesn't seem to be working with icustom. Does anybody have the knowledge to create a deviation statement using 1.7 deviations instead of 2 or 1???? This language is something else.

Frustrated!

Dave

<

Why do u want that?

Anyways, just use Bands.mq4 in the folder instead of the Bollinger Bands. You can use your 1.7 deviation there. just tested it.

I need it in the EA!! The Bands indicator is just part of the visual representation of what the EA is doing.

Dave <

iscuba11:
I need it in the EA!! The Bands indicator is just part of the visual representation of what the EA is doing. Dave <

Well, just call Band.mq4 from your EA using iCustom function. Hope this help

Hi,

You can interpret BB lines like this:

BBUp = SMA + Dev*StdDev

BBDn = SMA - Dev*StdDev

BBMd = SMA,

where

SMA= iMA(....); - Simple MA

StdDev = iStdDev(....); - Standard Deviation

In this case you can use Dev(Deviation) like double value.

Igor

Great suggestions on how to work around the iband single integer problem. I hope I can get it to work - Thanks for all the suggestions from the forum.

With Much Appreciation,

Dave

<
Reason: